Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mellybeth Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2013, 09:55 AM
    Papillion still has bad breath a day after cleaning
    I took my papillion the vet and had her teeth cleaned because of bad breath. The vet said she has some build up but it was not that bad and she pulled 2 front teeth. A day later my dogs breath still smells like a dead animal. What could be causing it?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2013, 04:19 PM
    A good guess would be infection.. Another guess could be more rotten teeth.

Dental care is relatively new in the veterinary world.. some vets are "old school" and won't x-ray any suspicious teeth, but will only pull those that are loose.

You're best solution would be to contact the vet who did the dental and inform them of her continuous bad breath.

There are other underlying reasons dog have bad breath, one being reflux.

Again, contact your vet to let them know!
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2013, 08:39 AM
    You could also try charcoal tablets for bad breath, it could be something in the gut out of balance.
    Works on humans too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About bad breath [ 1 Answers ]

I have bad breath problem since long but my teeth is completely OK, I have gastric problem. Please tell how can I get remedy from this problem

Pain in throat tooth nerves but teeth don't hurt bad taste bad breath [ 2 Answers ]

Pain not in teeth but throat .bad taste bad breath ,facing surgery ,not dental And concerned about risks ,no matter how much I brush floss ,use mouthwash It doesn't help .I also cough up flemm

Bad breath? [ 11 Answers ]

Every day I wake up my mouth are very dry, there is something white on my tongue and I have a bad breath. Please help...

Bad breath [ 10 Answers ]

Hello,, My problem is my husband has a bad breath... I am the one who is ashamed to the people he talk,, he is working and always talking to his client... What will I do to minimize his bad breath, I tried to give him some tongue freshner but it didn't works... please help me...

Bad Breath [ 3 Answers ]

How to avoid bad breath? I was told that Salt Water Gargling will prevent Bad Breath? Is it true?

View more questions Search