Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    c_ratinaud91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 10:18 PM
    Do I have sciatica?
    I am a 22 year old female and I work in a restaurant that has concrete floors. I have severe back pain most days when I get home from work. The pain is on the left side of my lower back and extends down my buttock. It is hard to walk after working for more than a few hours. It is also hard for me to sit on the floor because it hurts so bad. I feel like I am too young to be having back pain this severe. Anyone have any ideas as to what it is or how I can make it better. I have taken muscle relaxers for it and they really don't help much other than to make me tired.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2013, 01:30 AM
    There are dozens of medical reasons, you need to go to a doctor and be examined and find out what the problem is.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 25, 2013, 05:03 AM
    A good guess is indeed sciatica.
    Get some really good nurse's shoes with lots of padding and soft soles.
    Put a damp washcloth between your back and a heating pad at night.
    Change arms at work for carrying so that you don't favor one side.
    See a doctor or ask a chiropractor for one free consultation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is causing my sciatica? [ 6 Answers ]

Have had sciatic pain since about December 2009. I had a mri done about a month ago and they found a cyst near my right ovary (the sciatic pain is on the right side as well). The mri report said that it was a 4.5 cm cystic structure on my right ovary. I never got it checked out because I...

Sciatica treatments [ 1 Answers ]

A few years ago, I was diagnosed with sciatica. Even though I wasn't told which type of sciatica I have, I can narrow it down. It was caused by a trauma, so it's not degenerative or genetic. Every so often, it acts up. If I bend wrong or in the wrong direction or pick something up wrong or...

Sciatica hurts [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have a suggestion regarding healing the sciatic nerve? I'm in pain most of the time. Chiropractors & strong pain killers have not been effective

Sciatica Pain or is it ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I wonder can anyone shed any light on my problem. I went to my local Doctor who said there was nothing wrong with me after examining me. I have had a very bad dull pain in my lower back (right side only) when I wake up every morning for about 6 months. The pain usually goes away...

Sciatica [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I hope I spelled it right, I get this pain just above my buttocks /lower back and the doc says sciatica and there is nothing I can do about it only live with, iam 54 years old male ,I am pretty fit just maybe 16 punds over weight any help appreciated regds mike

View more questions Search