Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Destinycalls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 08:00 PM
    Federal inmate requesting a tranfer to new address
    Can the bop move a federal inmate to his sentencing address instead of his new address since incarceration? The federal Inmated moved a little bit more closer to the new state bop transferred him too. Years later inmate request a transfer to move 2 hours closer to his spouse instead of 4 they denied him twice, the third time they told him he was approved to go near his sentencing address with a job working in the hospital. It will 14 hrS. Away from his spouse. Can or do bop has that right if he didn't request to move closer to his sentencing state, if he changed his new address at the faci lity.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2013, 05:05 AM
    Hello D:
    Can or do bop has that right if he didn't request to move closer to his sentencing state, if he changed his new address at the faci lity.
    In a nutshell, they don't. It's BOP policy to place a prisoner as CLOSE to his family as is possible.

Getting them to obey their own policy, however, is a different matter altogether. It's not easy. It takes a lot of time and effort, and it may not work at all. If you're willing to undertake it, then start with reading the previously mentioned BOP "policy". You can get a copy by writing to the BOP.

Excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ITIN, Federal and State - Mailing Address [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I Am On H1b Visa And Have Filed My Taxes For The 1st Time In Hrblock For The 1st Time In Usa. I Got Married And Filed Itin For My Wife Along With My Returns. Hrblock Has Done The Taxes Given Me Two Envelopes To Mail My federal And Itin (W-7) To Internal Revenue Service Center Po...

Mailed Federal Tax Return to Wrong Mailing Address [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I just now realized that I mailed the Federal Tax Return to wrong mailing address this morning. I filed a dual-status alien income tax return with resident alien status at the end of the year. I owed some money to IRS, and filed Form 1040v as the payment voucher, and ended up mailing the...

Any advice for a federal inmate requesting a transfer to a prison nearer to home? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any advice you might have for a fed inmate who is considering making a request for transfer to a prison nearer to home? Are there any particular factors or points that an inmate's case worker is going to look for when considering an inmate's request for transfer? In their transfer request...

Is anyone familiar with the federal inmate financial responsibility program? [ 6 Answers ]

This is very long, so my apologies in advance. My daughter's dad is serving time in federal prison. I (per the instructions of the BOP) emailed his facility and asked to got the information of his caseworker regarding child support pursuant to the program. This was in February '11. I followed...

Federal Wage information is missing in my W2. How can I pay my Federal tax? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Last year, I was working as F1 in OPT. As F1, I can exempt from society security tax and medicare tax. But the accounting company also exempted my Federal tax and told me that was the way to do it. I thought I could report my Federal tax later, so I let it go. But right now, I get my...

View more questions Search