Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdominguez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 01:36 PM
    How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc
    I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.
    acicomp Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Apr 4, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Hi. If you run the wire yourself, it should be fairly easy. Pull your new wire to the DMARC from the jack. Once you are at the DMARC, you will have a side dedicated for customer access. Probably a flat head screwdriver for access. Open it up and you will see a red and green wire attached to two screws. If you are using standard phone line, just match the colors. Loosen the screws with the working line already attached. Strip back enough wire on the new line and expose just enough copper to wrap around the loosened screws. Make all the connections and tighten the screws and close the lid. ***Before you hook up to the DMARC, make sure you already have the new jack installed. It will be color coded as well if you are using standard phone wire. If you are reusing the old jack, just look at the colors and match them up with the new wire. You will only use one pair (2 wires) at each end. The red and green should suffice for your needs. I hope this helps and just let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks
    Chris

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rewire from 2 phone lines back to one line [ 7 Answers ]

Added line 2 for dedicated dial-up line. Now have DSL & don't need both lines. However, line 2 is wired to room with computer & line 1 has DSL. Can I go to box outside & rewire line 2 with line 1 & put all jacks in the house On line 1? Hope you understand what I am asking. Any help would be...

How to rewire a phone line on the outside box [ 1 Answers ]

How do you rewire a phone line connection on the outside box?

Rewire phone line [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am remodeling my garage into a living space. In order to add windows to my new living space I have to move the phone line in the wall. It goes through the middle of the proposed window. If I disconnect the line and move it down in the wall it will no longer reach the NID. It has to be...

Rewire second phone line to main [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a second phone line for my computer, I am dropping the second line and getting DSL. How do I rewire that second line to my main line? Thank you.

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search