Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purplelove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 02:04 PM
    Differing sum of subatomic particles and mass of an atom
    Why isn't the sum of the masses of the subatomic particles of an atom equal to the mass of an atom?
    neodarwinian Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2013, 02:25 PM
    Hydrogen is..

1.008 grams/mole

That is 1.008 grams is 6.022 X 10^23 atoms of hydrogen.

So, 1 atom of hydrogen..

1 atom H/6.022 X 10^23 atoms

= 1.66 X 10^ -24 grams
    ===================the mass of one atom hydrogen. Check that against the one electron mass and one proton mass of hydrogen and see if there is a variance. If so, check back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can my kid stop with her tantrums and differing? [ 6 Answers ]

My kid is 4 years old for every ting she cry specially if I say no to her

In the bond between a hydrogen atom and an oxygen atom in a water molecule help pleas [ 1 Answers ]

Complete the gaps in the paragraph below. You may use the words supplied once, more than once or not at all. In the chemical bond between a hydrogen atom and an oxygen atom in a water molecule; the bonding______are not evenly shared between the two atoms. In fact they spend more time in...

Differing pay periods [ 2 Answers ]

Yes, you do lose money in the end as people who get paid Bi-weekly (every other Friday for example) have at least two or three months out of the year where there are three pay periods in the month. Thereofre getting paid on the 15th and 30th reduces your annual earnings.

I have white particles and sand particles in my well water [ 1 Answers ]

Well water problem-over the last couple years the water pressure has been decreasing and the water filter is plugging up weekly with what appears to be tiny white plastic and sand particles the filter is before water softener and hot water heater but after pressure tank any help would be...

View more questions Search