Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louise1960 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2013, 05:11 PM
    Swollen knee
    I'm 53 years old and a female. I weigh 200lbs. My question is behind my right knee it is swollen. Sometimes I have a hard time standing on my feet. I have a harder time squatting down. I can't hardly bend it. Does anyone know what this is? It is also painful..
    lesbradford Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2013, 06:01 PM
    It could be a blocked lymph gland. Shiatsu massaging will help.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 23, 2013, 07:51 AM
    IT could be anything. It is something that you should talk to your doctor about and make an appointment pretty quickly.

It is so hard to figure out what is going on over the internet. We can never really get enough information and we don't really have a doctor here. The best plan is to see a professional.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 23, 2013, 08:01 AM
    My dad had a swelling behind one knee, so that really limited his walking and bending. He finally went to his doctor and found out it was a life-threatening aneurysm which was then surgically treated.

Whatever is going on behind your knee, please have a doctor check it out asap. It could be so many different things, including something that will shorten your life if you ignore it
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2013, 09:12 AM
    ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wondergirl again.

Excellent advice WG!
    louise1960 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 07:23 PM
    Askanurse.com
    Yesterday I posted that I have swelling behind my knee. I have pain in my calf also. I've been like this for about 1 week. It's not getting any better. I made a Dr. a Dr. Appt. but I cannot get in until Friday. Wondergirl posted that her dad had swelling behind his knee and he had an aneurysm. Should I wait until my Dr. Appt. I don't know what to do.. The pain is pretty intense when I am on my feet. Also... I don't know if this all ties into each other but I have pain in my arm, on the same side. It's in the middle of my arm, where you would normally take blood from. What is going on here? By the way I'm 53 years old, and 200lbs. Female. My height is 5'7''.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 23, 2013, 07:47 PM
    It sounds to me that it may be a blood clot, or a DVT. I wouldn't wait any longer and get right in to the ER.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen knee [ 6 Answers ]

I fell from a 2 story window onto concrete and my left knee is swollen from is the middle of my thigh all the way down to the middle of my shin and it's oozing . Like a softball and it's black. Is there anything life threatening I have to worry ab.

Swollen knee [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday, my husband came home from laying carpet, which he does everyday and said he has another ingrown hair on his knee and he picked at it and used peroxide. He woke up this morning and his whole knee and areas surrounding it, looks like he has fluid on it. What can I do for him? He doesn't...

Swollen/Painful Knee [ 1 Answers ]

Symptom: My right knee feels as if someone has taken a fist grip on it and is tightening. I am able to turn my leg a certain way and my knee will pop/click which relieves pain for about ten seconds then the pain returns(which I am trying to avoid). The pain is not so bad as I can stand on it,...

Knee feels swollen [ 1 Answers ]

My Knee feels swollen looks normal, does not hurt except tightens as it bends, no problem running or walking or standing. Swollen feeling reduces after days of rest and returns with every workout( mostly running )

View more questions Search