Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colorblind Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Dream company and nightmare colleagues
    At the end of my M.Sc. In Construction Management, I got placed with a renown MNC and was contented about it, All my hard work paid me well.

After my formal induction in the company, I joined the project site, which was very much beyond my expectations in culture and treatment wise.
    My first day was good, I was told go to with the project-Incharge for a meeting with the Client. The meeting started and in a few minutes the P.I.C. left me alone there, as if It was of no importance to him. After the break, for like 2 hours and the meeting has no signs to resume. I shared this with my colleagues and they gave a very cold reaction about it. "I THOUGHT" the meeting is of less importance.

The second day: I didn't know what I was suppose to do, whom to talk, what work to do, where shall I do, what would be my roles and responsibilities. Keeping in mind that Some senior would load me with responsibility and formally tell me my job and include me in the work flow.
    It didn't happened for another day (my 3rd day). All this while I have been only sitting at a single place and going through the project notes and doing nothing productive to the project. The senior observed me and concluded that, I wasn't interested in "performing" or taking responsibilities or getting included in the project work. One of the two Managers, who happnes to be a real Bad , remarked that I am "NOT WORTH" the responsibility the Project Incharge (PIC) is expecting out of me. This words shattered me and I am still the same today. Every morning I feel that I am I will make an entry to core work, but everyday I fail.
    Because of this, My colleagues see me as a looser, mentally weak, unworthy and gives me less importance. Not that they are Pro at work. I have become their boxing bag, and whenever it comes to their , they directly or indirectly push in the front before the seniors and I have the face the consequences. This has happened for several times in front of me and I could not do anything like a coward. I thought I had no option than to accept it as I have NO support and my seniors doesn't believe or trust in me. I was pissed off when a trainee (like me), on phone, pushed his mistake on to me, and later on apologized sweetly and I accepted it like a jackass! Whenever I tried to be a Man, oppose it and try to keep myself respect, they would form a group and destroy my initiatives. This had happened when I was given an independent task and was pin pointed and opposed by a colleague that I would ruin the job and waste the time of project, there also, I could not defend and kept mum!

I really don't know what would be the way out for it, I don't want to lose my remaining confidence and self respect at work, neither I don't want to lose my job, as I lost my father just after a month later I got this job offered from the company. I don't know what to do, I have no one to listen and help. For God's sake I am Post Graduate in Civil Engineering from a renown University and have more qualification than that of my colleagues.
    colorblind Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2013, 05:04 AM
    We have a lacs of people around here and not a 0.1% replying here. Pathetic! AMHD is not the same with socially responsible around. Wish I had a fake profile of a female, I would have had a lots of help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Introducing yourself to colleagues [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I find sample business letters for introducing yourself to colleagues?

A dream/nightmare [ 1 Answers ]

All right so I haven't been sleeping well... Well this morning around 7 I finally fell asleep, I went right into a dream that felt so real, at first I was walking along a long corridor, it wasn't very dark at all, a bit dreary but not dark, all of a sudden I felt someone run up to me. He was...

What was your worst dream/nightmare? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, How about u share your worst dream/nightmare? I was 7 months pregnant when I dreamt this. I saw the scene from the movie 'the ring' where the girl crawls on the walls of the well trying to get out, in my dream, the girl was coming out to take my baby. I screamed, called my dad first. ...

What does my recurring dream/nightmare mean ? [ 3 Answers ]

So I have been having this same dream/nightmare and I really want to know what it means... Here is basically how it is- I don't know where I am but I'm in different rooms every time I have this dream.. I am stabbing someone & I can't make out if it is male or female.. I then look into a...

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

View more questions Search