Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wendy37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2013, 08:20 PM
    My son died and I don't understand.
    My son died on Sunday night and I can't cope at all. I just don't understand at all.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 21, 2013, 08:32 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss. Sometimes it just helps talking about it. How old was he? How did he pass?
    Comeandgetme12 Posts: 99, Reputation: -5

Sep 21, 2013, 08:34 PM
    There is no way to understand something so tragic. No parent wants to bury their child, but unfortunately it happens to some unlucky individuals. Talking about your feelings are good in general, so maybe get a therapist. Some people are repulsed by this idea, however it has paid off to many people who have had therapy. I don't believe it is ever expected to forget or to get over the fact you lost your son, but its moving on with your life. It obviously won't be an overnight thing, and I know the phrase "phrase moving on with your life" may sound incredible and impossible hence it being so soon. But that is something that you will want to do, for you, your son whom wouldn't want you to be depressed for life, the rest of your family and especially if you have other children. I witnessed one on my half sisters father saying he wished she had died instead his son. That is a feeling I'm sure wouldn't wish on anyone directly or passively, let alone your own kid(s). Just remember your surrounded by people who love you and your son, and that you aren't grieving alone.
    I hope was a help. I'm sorry for your loss.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 22, 2013, 01:58 AM
    Take time to grieve. Part of grieving is asking WHY. There is no answer, although all religions try to, as well as philosophies. Part of asking WHY is being angry at the world, at God, at yourself, at doctors, and drunk drivers, at everyone and anyone. That's normal and you have to let it out. Part of grieving is guilt, which we all feel - it just means you are a good person. Part of grieving, the biggest part, is just feeling the loss, and there's no reason why you should force it back down.
    If people say stupid things to you such as 'time heals all wounds' or 'he's in a better place,' just walk away or say you have to get off the phone. They mean well.
    The saying we all know that really means something is 'No parent should have to outlive their child.' But life is unfair. Life's 'shoulds' just don't always work the way we want.

Tell us how you lost your son, if you will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please respond to this, I don't understand it [ 1 Answers ]

Under which account would each of these transactions would be classified and recorded in the Jamaican Balance Of Payment: (I) A Jamaican firm exports $80m of merchandise to China and receives payment in the form of a check drawn on a Jamaican Bank. (ii) National Commercial Bank pays $10m in...

Please help just don't understand [ 0 Answers ]

When Resisto Systems, Inc. was formed, the company was authorized to issue 5,000 shares of $100 par value, 8 percent cumulative preferred stock, and 100,000 shares of $2 stated value common stock. Half of the preferred stock was issued at a price of $103 per share, and 80,000 shares of the...

I don't understand what I as Suppose to do [ 0 Answers ]

Assume that Banc One receives a primary deposit of $1 million The bank must keep reserves 20 percent against deposits. Prepare a simple balance sheet of assets and liabilities for Banc One immediately after the deposit is received

View more questions Search