Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jreeder30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2013, 04:34 PM
    Can a person work as an employee and also be a independent contractor
    Can your work as an employee and then do work on the side as an independent contractor. But if you as an I c and your employer don't have any work can you claim unemployment
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2013, 05:05 PM
    If you work independently you would have to check with the company policy. If you signed a no compete form then you definitely have to follow what it says. As far as unemployment it looks like different states have different policies. What is your state?
    jreeder30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2013, 05:08 PM
    I live in Montana I didn't sign a no compete clause and my company doesn't care if I do small jobs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you be both an employee and an independent contractor? [ 17 Answers ]

I have been searching on the IRS website and am trying to determine if a person can be both an employee and an independent contractor. For example, a person works for a company during the day, say doing A/P and then at night they clean the office. For the cleaning the office part, they have their...

Can an employee also work as an independent contractor for the same company. [ 0 Answers ]

We have a situation where our billing people were offered the opportunity to work on their own time (not during office hours and not receiving wages)to try to collect past due accounts. They signed a contract agreeing that they would each be paid 20% of their collections and a time frame was...

Employee & independent contractor same person [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal to pay someone on your payroll as well as an independent contractor? We have an employee who is doing a separate job for us, in which he will be us on a contract.

Employee/Independent contractor [ 7 Answers ]

I asked my employer/company the following question: How does XXXXXXXXX classify us? As Independent Contractor or Employee's? Everything that I'm reading on the IRS site points to Independent Contractor. There response was: Yes you are considered a contractor.

Both Independent Contractor and Employee? [ 6 Answers ]

I work as a marketing assistant for a real estate company, I get a base salary that the company pays, and on top of that I get a "commission bonus" from the specific agents I work for that is paid directly out of pocket by those agents. The commission bonus is based on what those agents themselves...

View more questions Search