Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbilee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 12:10 PM
    How do I get my boys back?
    About two years ago my first husband abused my two boys they were taken by the state. Even though I didn't do anything I was charged with neglect. I tried to fight it but I had a drug problem.I split up with my first husband and he lost his parental rights. The state told me I would lose mine also, at that time my Dad and Step-mom asked if they could adopt the boys, with a lot of promises that they never kept. Scared that I would lose them foever I signed over parental rights for adotion to my dad and step-mom. Since then I have been clean and sober for 2 years remarried to a wonderful man with a seven year old daughter, who loves me and calls me mom. I work at an industrial supply company making more money then my huband even does, and we have had our house for three years with more than enough room for the boys. I talk to my seventeen year old sister on a daily basis who is working to get emancipated because of how badly my dad and step-mom treat her and the boys. They curse at them, they call them bastards. The hit them. I feel like I took them out of one situation and put them in another what can I do
    urstruly85 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Well I don't know much about these sits. But how old are your boys? They should report the abuse that is going on to their schools or to some one they trust. If they are about 14 or older and if they want to come live with you they should really talk to some one. On the other hand you should get a really good lawyer and see what he has to say.

Mar 28, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Well the hard part is my boys are still young they are 6 and 7, my sister who is 17 says she will testify I just don't know if I can even take tis to court if it was an adoptoin. My boys tell me all the time they want to come live with me. It's gotten to the point that my Dad is so unstable he is threatining to commit suicide in front of them, I mean who does that. It's so inapproprite. I just really need advice if I should go to a lawyer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Of course you can take it to court, but at the worst, the abuse needs to be reported, so they can be taken out of that situation.

But it will all start with hiring an attorney to start filing several motions.

Mar 28, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Thank you for your advice I will meet with a lawyer! I love those boys with all my heart there baby's who don't deserve to go through this again. All I want to do is protect them to the best of my ability, I thought at first by letting my dad have them that was what I was doing now I know they need to come home. In the beginning I was young and dealt with my situation in all the wrong ways, now I know I have to stand up for them because they can't do it for themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The boys I want [ 4 Answers ]

I was with this boy for nearly a yr, I love him to death, why doesn't he want me

Boys [ 8 Answers ]

Thought I pass this on from my daughter............... You find out interesting things when you have sons, like: 1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep. 2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades,...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

Boys don't cry? [ 3 Answers ]

I hear this song in CVS stores, and I can't figure out who sings it. I think the name of it is "boys don't cry", but it's not the cure's version, and it's not idlewild. It's a slower version and I love it! Who sings it?

Stuk between boys [ 1 Answers ]

OK I am almost fifteen but according to my parents they won't let me date until I am 16 but ia m but now that I am with this guy his cuzin likes me and this guy I have liked since like ever likes me and now I have no idea what to do I mean I like all of them and I don't want to choose because it is...

View more questions Search