Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    offa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2013, 09:55 AM
    Can I replace a 12v 1a ac-dc adapter with a 12v 3a adapter?
    Can I replace a 12v 1a ac-dc adapter with a 12v 3a adapter?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2013, 10:44 AM
    No problem, should last longer as it is further from its threshold.
    Be sure it is DC, and polarity is correct, many, tip is positive, usually a symbol indicating polarity on transformer and the device. Usually? Tip(center) is positive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12v to 72v [ 2 Answers ]

Using a constant water stream I can produce over 15volts continually. I have gear that runs between 60-75volts. I have a 72-volt Marine Battery Bank. How can I best connect this generator to charge the 72-v bank? Thank you in advance.

Is there an adapter to replace halogen track lights with pendant lights [ 4 Answers ]

I have a track on the ceiling with small halogen lights. I would like to remove the lights and use the track for three small pendant lights that use 60 watt bulbs. Is there an adapter for this?

12v motor as a generator. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to use a 12v motor in a horizontal wind turbine. Wind turbine to 12v motor to battery. I'm missing something. I believe I need a diode in there somewhere? What size?

12V power [ 3 Answers ]

Why does the 12V power from the battery shut off when the battery still has 13V? The only thing I can think of is that the contact in the converter is bad or heats up and opens. The 12V coming out of the converter is fine when 120V is applied.

Do I need a 12v inverter? [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying an Infrared CCTV camera and wanted to power it from a 12v car battery. I am being asked if I need a 12v inverter but I have no idea. The camera power is 12v 1.5amp and has an AC adaptor that runs 12v 2amp. Would anyone there be able to tell me if I need a 12v inverter? If what do I need

View more questions Search