Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    birds16 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Purchasing Foreclosures
    Looking to buy foreclosures with 30k. Need to know where I can get a list of auctions or individual forclosures besides purchasing a web site membership. Also can I finance or do I need to have the entire amount up front?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Bird, you will need to do a lot of your own legwork here. If you want to find a free list of foreclosures in your area, start purchasing all the largely circulated newspapers in your regional area along with state wide. Thursdays and Sundays are the days where they typically list foreclosures and auctions. You can also start trying to locate the local Real Estate Trade publications. Another thing to do is to start speaking with all the auction houses, banks, and real estate offices in the area. You need to start building relationships with the people who handle those lists. For banks, speak with the officer(s) in the mortgage departments. In all of these situations, they will most likely give you their current lists, but not always. Be prepared to not get much help from them if you are just calling to inquire about their lists. This is where the networking comes in. You need to be able to prove to them that you are solvent and capable of either purchasing outright or qualifying for a mortgage. They don't like wasting their time.

Regarding financing or full cash payment, that depends on your personal situation. There are no set rules here. It also depends on what the organization who is holding the foreclosure is looking for. The up front deposit in the form of a bank check, cashier's check, or cash, will be advertised prior to the foreclosure.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2007, 07:50 PM
    yes every city has an official news paper used for legal notice. Any foreclosure sale is listed. Also if you have the abiltityto buy a lot, you may work with some mortgage lenders.

also you can actually advertise to buy houses from the owners prior to foreclosure to buy the mortgage off.

You will need either the cash or a line of credit, since at the auction they want you to write them a check then normally.

So a lot will depend on how much you can borrow, or what line of credit your banks can give you. As you buy these, their values will add to your ability to borrow, and as you sell them, pay off debts.

and as noted once you prove you can do a few deals, the lenders will work with you better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purchasing Gold [ 3 Answers ]

Where's the best place to purchase gold coins?

Buying government tax sale foreclosures [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I will be going to attent auction fir buying government tax sale foreclosures. However I have some questions: 1. If the previous owner still have mortgage left or equity loan on it, who would be responsible for it? 2. If the previous owner still live there, how do I get them out of there?...

2nd mortgage foreclosures [ 1 Answers ]

If the 1st lien holder forecloses on a property can the 2nd lien holder seek monies?

Purchasing a home [ 2 Answers ]

How do I purchase a very expensive home by paying the back taxes ONLY?

View more questions Search