Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nargis786 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2013, 08:04 AM
    Receptionist telephone script sample
    Hi,

I am starting my first ever job as a school administrator/receptionist. It is a trainee position so I want to make a good example. Can someone please give me a best sample of how to answer the telephone effectively and how I would transfer the call if necessary.

Can someone also please provide me a sample of how to effectively communicate with a person face-to-face. As this is a school, all visitors/parents need to sign in. please can someone provide me with a sample of communication between receptionist and a parent who has come into the office asking to see the headteacher.

Thank you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 21, 2013, 08:18 AM
    Certainly the headmaster or principal will coach you on how he wants callers and visitors dealt with.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 21, 2013, 08:29 AM
    Our school secretary answers the phone by saying, "Good morning, ________ _______ Academy, this is _________ speaking." Transferring a call would depend on school policy. Teachers do not receive any calls during the day from parents at our school. Only office personnel or another teacher may call a classroom during the day. It's a great policy to implement. Ask your head teacher how he/she wants to deal with visitors. Our principal will not see anyone without an appointment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Receptionist ettiquette [ 0 Answers ]

I work on a reception desk with one other receptionist. She is always typing away, printing and signing for documents, going on courses and building up office work like as if she is a secretary or something? But without informing me about anything. There is a lot of 'dual' tasking and going over...

Receptionist [ 1 Answers ]

Why I am suitable for receptionist job in school?

How to find out a telephone number (from where the telephone is) [ 8 Answers ]

I used to know a number to dial that would confirm what the phone number is at the land line phone that I am calling from. Does anyone know if this is still available in the U.S. Thanks!

KPI's of a Receptionist [ 2 Answers ]

What are the KPI's of a Receptionist?:)

IE script error in the script on this page res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg [ 1 Answers ]

IE script error in the script on this page res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

View more questions Search