Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nandrisano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2013, 01:04 AM
    Can SSRI* ruin relationships?
    My girl friend takes 7 different meds a day. Is this affecting her emotional relation with me, since she says she never liked sex.

*Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 21, 2013, 03:25 AM
    She's taking all those meds for a reason, so it's safe to assume that any problems having good relationships were there to begin with.

Many meds, whether psychiatric ones or not, do have an effect on the body chemistry and mood as well. The whole matter is intertwined. And it's usually different for each person.

Be patient and kind, and let her talk, and find out more about her life that brought all this on. Listening is the best gift you can give her. If it becomes clear over a long period that she will never want sex with you, then you just have to decide whether you can continue in the relationship. But it's not something you can get an answer for quickly, so if quickly is important to you, decide sooner rather than later.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2013, 07:19 AM
    There is no way to really tell if it's the meds or if it's the way she is and would be regardless of the meds.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 21, 2013, 12:24 PM
    Can SSRI* ruin relationships?
    Anything can ruin a relationship not just meds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I ruin a business and get away with it? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I'm very upset with a jewelry company I was working for. It's a stand in a mall, like a little stand that sells jewelry. Well, they promised that if I worked without pay as training, I would get the job. So I worked 14 hours without pay and did great. I sold jewelry on my first day. Now...

Colon cleansing/detoxing while taking an SSRI (Zoloft) [ 0 Answers ]

I am currently taking Zoloft for depression and anxiety and am preparing to do a detox colon cleanse. Has anyone had any experience with this situation that would know if it is safe to do a all natural herbal detox colon cleanse while on Zoloft as long as the Zoloft is taken a few hours apart from...

Did I ruin it? [ 2 Answers ]

Recently (early July) I was contacted by an old friend from high school, via Facebook. Always had a crush on this girl, but I was involved in a long term relationship so that's all it was, a crush. Now I've been single for about a year and a half, and out of the blue, she emails me. Super excited,...

Does sex really ruin relationships? [ 10 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I occasionaly engage in sexual intercourse, I've got no fears of std's or pregnancys because we use extreme vigilance when it comes to using protection. A lot of people have told me to save sex for marrige, and that I'm too young, and deep down I know I'm young, but I consider too...

View more questions Search