Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2013, 05:06 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Or is it just blatant dishonesty? Democrats just can't seem to have an honest discussion. Frankly I'm more than a bit fed up with it
    Apparently, you think our discussions over the years, HAVEN'T been in good faith... That's a pretty sh!tty thing to say.

If you're fed up, why don't you try the flower page? I'm sure it's less upsetting.

Excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2013, 05:31 AM
    I love flowers, I'm fed up with imaginary wars on women and discussing all the manufactured reasons we hate Obama and such. I do think you believe that war on women thing, but since there isn't one I fail to see how that furthers the discussion.

Do you believe we hate Obama? Has he been apolitical, open and nonpartisan? Did he not begin his presidency by telling Republicans "I won" while shutting them out then proceeding to ask for snitches that dared to disagree with him then proceeded to push his agenda through without any Republican input? Are we going to continue this sham Mimi speaks of? I've had the distinct impression that we're supposed to just shut up and go along with whatever disaster dems want to impose on us, like it and be thankful for our eloquent, apolitical leader or face the consequences.

We don't need any more dishonest lectures from people like Pelosi and we are not helpless children in need of a nanny rapping our knuckles and putting us in our proper place
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2013, 05:59 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Do you believe we hate Obama?
    We, is a lot of you. But, let me see if I can break that down.. I don't believe that YOU, personally hate Obama. I believe that tom hates him a little bit, and I think smoothy hates him a lot.

The three of you represent a pretty good cross section of the Republican party.

Now, I don't know if he uttered the words, "I won", in the context of, it's going to be MY way or the HIGHWAY... IF he said it, you believe that was the context, and not just a statement of fact.

But, if he meant what you believe he did, then I don't believe he would have burdened his health care law with loads and loads of provisions put IN there specifically to attract Republican support.

If he meant it YOUR way, he actually WOULD have rammed it down your throat by passing SINGLE PAYER.

Over to you, winger.

Excon

PS> I'm sorry you have to listen to the likes of Nancy Peloci.. But, I have to listen to the likes of smoothy.
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2013, 07:12 AM
    Exactly what provisions did he put in there to get support from exactly zero Republicans, against the wishes of a clear majority of Americans? As I recall he promised an executive order to persuade a handful of pro-life Democrats into supporting it, and something like 34 dems joined Republicans in voting against it.

Now, the challenge is exactly how has he been apolitical, open and nonpartisan? I haven't seen it, he is clearly this week being anything but such things so what world are these Dems putting on this charade living in?
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2013, 07:31 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    Exactly what provisions did he put in there to get support from exactly zero Republicans, against the wishes of a clear majority of Americans?
    You opened this thread talking about blatant dishonesty... Having accused the left of such prevarications, you should be PARTICULARLY careful about NOT engaging in it yourself.

Alas and alack, you failed.

Here's some TRUTH. While most Americans oppose the law, what you NEGLECT to reveal is that a sizable portion of those who oppose the law do so because they don't think it goes far enough, not because it goes too far. A May CNN/ORC poll found that 43% of Americans favored the law while 54% opposed it. But it also found that of those polled, 16% opposed the law because they thought that it wasn't liberal enough. Put another way, 59% of Americans support the law or want it to be more liberal.

Over to you, Mr. Honest Broker of the Truth.

Excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2013, 03:47 AM
    Nice spin there, the question was if you oppose it why? 16 percent who oppose it do so because it isn't liberal enough. You don't get to add the two together to come up with a majority in favor.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 22, 2013, 06:31 AM
    But you don't get to ignore it either.
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2013, 07:04 AM
    What part of 16 percent of those who oppose it do so because it isn't liberal enough am I supposed to get worked up ove?
    Expert

Sep 22, 2013, 07:26 AM
    Why get worked up? Just recognize that if 16% want more of it, don't assume it's a sign that they want it gone completely.

Its you guys that say most Americans want the ACA repealed. That may not be true because as I point out, democrats don't have the outrage that republicans have for the law. Nor are they hollering to shut the government down unless it is repealed.

And since when does one third of the governing body dictate to the other two thirds? In truth you guys have a narrow majority in one third of the governing body.

That's reality dude, and if you guys stick together you can defeat whatever the senate sends back to the house to vote on. That too is reality, and how it works and contrary to the title of this thread democrats have no aversion to that reality.

We thrive on the challenge.
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2013, 04:44 AM
    And that's more aversion to reality, a minority of Americans want Obamacare and you complain about those trying to give the majority what they want being dictators. What the..?
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2013, 04:59 AM
    Hello again, Mr. Honest Broker:
    a minority of Americans want Obamacare
    Let's review, shall we. Not 6 months ago we had a BIG poll. It was a NATIONAL poll.. It WASN'T a small sample. EVERYBODY participated. ONE side of that poll said his FIRST job was to repeal Obamacare.

He LOST.

So, I don't think you really want to be honest here.. You just want to SPIN, SPIN, and then SPIN some more.

Excon
    Expert

Sep 23, 2013, 05:25 AM
    When you get your right wing conservative house, senate, and president, then you can repeal the whole country if you want but until then you can squeal until the pigs come home. Luckily you don't have long to wait, 7 days to be exact.

Let me know when that honest debate gets here.
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2013, 06:30 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Here's some right wing reality:
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2013, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Mr. Honest Broker:
    Let's review, shall we. Not 6 months ago we had a BIG poll. It was a NATIONAL poll.. It WASN'T a small sample. EVERYBODY participated. ONE side of that poll said his FIRST job was to repeal Obamacare.

He LOST.

So, I don't think you really want to be honest here.. You just wanna SPIN, SPIN, and then SPIN some more.

excon
    This coming from the side who tried to tell American Romney wanted to take their tampons away.
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2013, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:

Here's some right wing reality:
    No, they really don't think that way. But thanks for giving us a perfect example of what this thread is about.
    Expert

Sep 23, 2013, 06:45 AM
    No, they really don't think that way. But thanks for giving us a perfect example of what this thread is about.
    Then why are they VOTING that way?

House Republicans vote to cut $40 billion from the food stamp program was 'heartless' - NY Daily News

This is a part of congress YOU guys control. Actions speak louder than thoughts.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2013, 06:50 AM
    Left thinking... a hungry child wouldve been better if killed before birth.
    Left thinking... spend $500 million on a program that will seek to solve the problem of 5 year old children that “can't sit still in a kindergarten classroom.
    Left thinking... spend $30 million on a program designed to help Pakistani farmers produce more mangos.
    Left thinking... spend $1.8 million on a “museum of neon signs” in Las Vegas
    Left thinking... spend $630,000 (State Dept) advertising to get "likes" on Facebook.

Then Pelosi today tells us the budget is cut to the bone.
    Rep. Nancy Pelosi: Nothing left to cut in budget
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2013, 06:52 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    No, they really don't think that way.
    It's true. I WAS being a bit hyperbolic... But, now that the conversation is started, where do you think children, who are being FED on food stamps TODAY, are going to get lunch TOMORROW if the $40 Billion CUT in food stamps your party proposed, passes??

I know... I know... They can get ALL the food they want at church... Just like they can get ALL the health care they want at the ER.

Bwa, ha ha ha..

Excon
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2013, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Then why are they VOTING that way?

House Republicans vote to cut $40 billion from the food stamp program was 'heartless' - NY Daily News

This is a part of congress YOU guys control. Actions speak louder than thoughts.
    While the claim may be somewhat true it's just more fear-mongering. Food stamps have doubled under Obama, he eliminated the work requirement and eligibility loopholes have "swelled" the rolls. Even the allegedly non-partisan Politifact admits "CBO analysis largely supports the food stamp rolls reduction."

No one wants to take food from children and seniors, we want it to go to those who actually need the assistance and promote a robust economy where people enter the workforce instead of abandoning it and become productive. Welfare is not the path to prosperity, and neither is a nation of part-time workers, another byproduct of your precious Obamacare.
    Expert

Sep 23, 2013, 07:17 AM
    Right wing thinking - Make enough noise and nobody will notice them destroying America for everyone but THEM.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Republican/Democrat vs. Welfare [ 17 Answers ]

So, perhaps I should start with a story. A group of friends and a few acquaintances were having a politic discussion. Well, a friend of mine mentioned she was on state medical (she is paralyzed), and a person said something to the effect of, "you must be an Obama lover, most people on Welfare are...

Why I'm going to vote DEMOCRAT [ 21 Answers ]

I'm voting Democrat because English has no place being the official language in America. I'm voting Democrat because it's better to turn corn into fuel than it is to eat. I'm voting Democrat because I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America. ...

Democrat versus Republican [ 7 Answers ]

Many of you guys can add it up in one minute, so please tell me: How many wars were initiated by democrats since the beginning of the USA? How many were started by republicans? How many wars were ended by republicans versus democrats?

What's Risk Aversion [ 1 Answers ]

What does risk aversion refer to? An investors willingness to buy investments with less certain, but higher, returns ?

Democrat/republican who? [ 5 Answers ]

Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for? If you vote.

View more questions Search