Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LuvMySpotedPony Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2013, 01:02 PM
    My 2yo is will not pee after the vet gelded him.
    My 2yo was gelded 3 days ago. He is still bleeding, his "sac" is as big or bigger than before he was gelded, he hasn't peed yet and now is dragging his back right leg. He is on rubber mats so I can see the blood drops and still not wet from pee. I put salt in his feed and he is drinking plenty of water. I am washing him 3 times a day. Now he's dragging his back leg. This afternoon he wouldn't get up to eat. It took me AND my son pulling on his halter to get him up. I've called vet, they said it's normal for him to swell, and not WANT to pee after being gelded to give him him bute tabs 3 times a day. What else can I do? It hurts me to see him hurting! This is my first colt and I am at a loss. PLEASE HELP!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2013, 01:16 PM
    We have a long-time horsewoman as a member. She doesn't come on site very often, so I am going to email your question to her. Stay tuned!
    LuvMySpotedPony Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2013, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    We have a long-time horsewoman as a member. She doesn't come on site very often, so I am going to email your question to her. Stay tuned!
    Thank You!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2013, 01:25 PM
    She's a good friend and I just emailed her to ask her to take a look at and respond to your question, I don't know what she's doing right now (probably not on her computer), but hang in there. She will show up.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2013, 04:07 PM
    My friend emailed me back that you need to stay on top of this with the vet who did the gelding. (She says she's not a vet, so doesn't feel comfortable giving vet advice especially for an animal she can't see and examine.)

Are the meds making any difference yet?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with pee pee problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a middle aged spayed male dog that I got from a shelter. I've had him for little over 1yr. He won't stop peeing in the house. I never see him do it but I find it. I don't think he does it while I'm home. He never poops in the house but he lifts his leg on things. I've never had a male dog...

Pee Pee Smell [ 14 Answers ]

How in the world do I get rid of the dog pee smell in my carpets? I used the spray at the pet store, I shampooed the carpets and neither has worked... She's going in the same spots as before... what's the deal?

Vet doctor vs. Vet [ 2 Answers ]

What should I choose between a vet doctor (that could come to my place at any time) or a vet clinic?

Uses pee pad to pee, but never to poop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Chihuahua that’s about 3 months and I trained him to use pee pads in the house, he was doing really good so then I bought a litter box with no lid and put his pee pad in there to try and get him to be box trained, he wouldn’t use it, and started peeing and pooping on the floor, so I took...

New 2yo cat in new home [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if anybody would know about this - I got a 2 year old cat yesterday. She has come out from her hiding place a few times, but usually to go and sit in a different corner. She hasn't eaten anything or used her litter tray, and it's coming up to 24 hours now. I have been talking to her...

View more questions Search