Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dabidosan Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Title for a 70's / 80's Kids TV Show?
    Does anybody remember a kids TV show during the Late 70's,and possibly Early 80's that had an elephant character in costume (not snuffleupagus) that held the end of his trunk like a megaphone? Also there were children and young adult actors on the show as well. The actors would introduce learning segments by opening what looked like a ring box and a small screen would appear in the ring box and show educational information.
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Mar 31, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Possible "Dumbo's Circus" (1985) sorry, that's all I got.

Apr 6, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stardust713
    possible "Dumbo's Circus" (1985) sorry, that's all I got.
    Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I know it's not "Dumbo's Circus". Dumbo obviously revolved around "Disney's Dumbo". The show I'm looking for was much earlier, and had more of an educational theme- plus my family didn't have cable at the time, so it had to have been on one of the 4 or 5 basic public channels. Thanks anyway!
    stardust713 Posts: 334, Reputation: 65

Apr 9, 2007, 10:33 PM
    I just found this, maybe it's what you're looking for.
    The Elephant Show
    comfused teen Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 12:06 AM
    Why do u want to know?
    irishcream Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2007, 08:55 AM
    I think you're talking about The Great Space Coaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dddm5bQeKvg

Edison the elephant had a long trunk that the actor inside controlled with a rod at the end - that you could remember being like a megaphone:

http://www.tgscoaster.com/char/edison/edpictures.html

As a bit of trivia, The puppeteer for Goriddle Gorilla would later make Elmo famous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBOFn...elated&search=

Apr 15, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stardust713
    I just found this, maybe it's what you're looking for.
    The Elephant Show

Kudos to Irishcream for the right response of the GScoaster!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's kids show w/ the human body [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of the show where the guy dressed up in a suit showing the insides of the human body?

Ok, another lost movie title, late 70's early 80's [ 1 Answers ]

When I was a kid I saw it several times, but I can't remember the title. So I remember this much. There's 2 kids, who sneak on a boat. They find out about this message in a bottle from some relative. So they go on this crazy advernture, sliding down snowy mountains, meeting people, and at the...

Kids TV show from the 80's (I think) [ 3 Answers ]

I really need to know the name of this one ASAP Please It was a show about a small bear (I think it was cissephere or shomething like it) who lived with his dad in a tree next to a river. They had a skimmer boat and used it to save the other animals on the river. The Crocks where the bad...

80's educational kids show [ 1 Answers ]

I remember my Second Grade teacher letting the class watch an educational kids show that featured a man that wore a body suit that showed the inside of the body. He was a white male with dark curly hair I believe. The objects around his house could talk, such as his pillow and his couch. This...

Looking for 70's / 80's movie title [ 1 Answers ]

I've been looking to identify the title of a horror movie I watched as a kid. The plot of the movie included "little people" that lived in the fireplace and only came out at night / in the dark to lay razor blades, etc for the unsuspecting homeowners. Does anyone remember this movie and happen to...

View more questions Search