Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3brats Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2013, 10:55 PM
    Statutory rape in ontario Canada
    I have a 16 yr old daughter that had sex with an 18yr old male adult & is now pregnant! She has a lot of "mental" issues ei: personality disorders, OCD,ADHD, depression & an eating disorder. Is this even allowed by law?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 19, 2013, 12:26 AM
    The age of consent in Canada was raised from 14 to 16 in May 2008.
    Frequently Asked Questions: Age of Consent to Sexual Activity

So, Yes, this is legal however unpalatable it is for you.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Sep 20, 2013, 05:52 PM
    I am unsure if any of her conditions would affect her being able to give consent. The only one that I know of for sure is when a person's mental age is less than their physical age. I would contact your local police department and ask. Please let them know of all of her relevant conditions.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 20, 2013, 06:08 PM
    None of the disorders you mention would affect her ability to consent to sex.

At 16 she's legal, according to the law. So no, you can't charge him with statutory rape.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 21, 2013, 06:37 AM
    "personality disorders, OCD, ADHD, depression & an (sic) eating disorder"

Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    None of the disorders you mention would affect her ability to consent to sex.
    Agreed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian, specifically Ontario Laws regarding statutory rape. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, my question is what is the age rquirement for the perpetrator as well as the minor involved in sexual relations for it to be considered statutory rape in Ontario Canada, and can the charge be laid without the consent of the minor?

Statutory rape in Canada. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am 15 and my boyfriend is 20 (almost 21). Age difference does not play a factor between me and him but we are worried about the law. I will be 16 in a couple days and I want to know if once I turn 16 we are able to be together legally without statutory rape as a possibility. So I would...

Statutory rape laws ontario [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate is 27 yrs old and dating and having daily sex with a 17 yr old girl The biggest problem I have is the age difference itself but also is it a crime I live in the province of ontario . Ive threatened to go to the police myself about it but I'm unsure about how to go about it .Im a parent...

Statutory rape in ontario [ 9 Answers ]

I am 18, there is a 15 year old girl who wants to start dating. Can I go to jail if we do anything?:confused:

Statutory Rape in Ontario, Canada [ 1 Answers ]

If a person age of 18 who resides with parents that are fostering a young person (14-year-old), can (18-year-old) have sexual intercourse with the (14-year-old) who is in care.

View more questions Search