Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beplmi Posts: 62, Reputation: 3

Sep 18, 2013, 07:08 AM
    Organic Foods.
    I have started paying more attention to the foods I eat, but I would like to know what to look out for when it comes to buying 100% organic foods.

What separates completely organic foods from partially organic foods?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 18, 2013, 07:10 AM
    Generally it's all down to certification.

Sep 18, 2013, 07:13 AM
    As a shopper I want to know how to tell if someone has added chemicals to the production of food. Where on the package does it say? Or if packaged food in general is not considered organic? Things such as that.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 07:21 AM
    For most items try to go to a farmers market. You can talk to the farmer and get the info you need about their products. Most of them are honest as they know word of mouth if they lie would hurt them. Grocery stores products are labeled if they are organic and must adhere to government standards to put that label on their products, in Canada at least.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2013, 07:32 AM
    If it says FDA certified organic I do not trust it. You want to stay away from a lot of the big name brands such as Kraft. The less ingredients listed the better. If there are a lot of ingredients you can't read in the other ingredient list stay away from it. . I buy Amish and Newmans as well as some other brands. Organic juices would be Lakeside, R. W. Knudsen, Looza,
    With produce you want to buy with the PLU code starting with 9. PLU codes starting with 4 would be farm (sprayed) any other number you are buying inferior quality or gmo which has Round Up IN the seed.
    Also stay away from anything diet or artificial sweeteners like Splenda, suraclose, nutrasweet, etc.

Here are some sites that list organic vs things to avoid

Organic Products

Who Owns Organic? The Organic Corporate Brand List v1.4 | Nutrition Wonderland

Welcome | Seeds of Deception

Factory Farming Facts & the Food Industry - Important Policy News | Food, Inc

Food, Inc - YouTube

Genetic Roulette Movie Trailer - YouTube

Sep 18, 2013, 07:36 AM
    Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Organic chemistry [ 1 Answers ]

I want to learn organic chemistry from basics {mainly reaction mechanism}.so please send notes or web links if possible . It is important to me

Good foods bad foods [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows what foods I should avoid if trying to get pregnane and if there are any foods I should eat more of? Also I am know taking prenatal vitimins after dinner on a full stomach is thar right? Be grateful for your advice X

Organic Chemistry [ 7 Answers ]

What are two possible structure for the carbonium ion C6H11 +?

Organic chemist [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to complete my master degree in organic chemistry. After some time I will have to sit in interview.sometime I worry tell me that what kind of jobs I will face? What kind of questions may be asked in interview?

View more questions Search