Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ppd Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Weaning off Vicodin
    Been taking Vicodin 10mg 4 or 5 a day for 4 months :( now I'm trying to quit and I found when I stop taking them it's awful! The withdrawal symptoms are gut wrenching! I heard about a Weismann Method, but I can't remember what it is, can someone help me figure out how to ease the symptoms? PLease. I don't havebut 9 or 10 pills left, and I'm not going to refill them because I want out of this trap, and I will suffer the pain this is awful.
    Thank you for any help you can give. If you have a like experience or can offer some sound advice, or just answer on here but I am desperate. I don't even know what to say to the doc. Because I took them as prescreibed, and became addicted to them :(
    :(
    Toddro61 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ppd
    Been taking Vicodin 10mg 4 or 5 a day for 4 months :( now I'm trying to quit and I found when I stop taking them it's awful! The withdrawal symptoms are gut wrenching! I heard about a Weismann Method, but i can't remember what it is, can someone help me figure out how to ease the symptoms? PLease. I don't havebut 9 or 10 pills left, and I'm not going to refill them because I want out of this trap, and I will suffer the pain this is awful.
    Thank you for any help you can give. if you have a like experience or can offer some sound advice, or just answer on here but I am desperate. I don't even know what to say to the doc. because I took them as prescreibed, and became addicted to them :(
    :(
    Go talk to your doctor and tell him your problem. He will help you taper off it. You need to cut back gradually to ease the withdrawal. Example - 3 a day for 2 weeks, then 2, and so on.

There are also some medicines he can prescribe to ease the withdrawal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vicodin [ 1 Answers ]

How long does vicodin stay in your system?

Vicodin [ 8 Answers ]

How long does Vicodin stay in a persons system?

Vicodin [ 1 Answers ]

Just wanted to know how long it takes for Vicodin to completely clear from your system. I have been taking this since approx. 1999, only 1/2 to one pill a day or every other day maybe, nothing consistent, but have taken it for years. About 4 months. Ago I broke out in an itchy rash that will not...

Weaning kittens [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering what is a good food to start weaning kittens on There only 4 weeks but there mother isn't milking that well so I was wanting to feed them and let them nurse too

Weaning from Prednisone [ 6 Answers ]

How do I know when it is the right time to wean from Prednisone and what series of steps should I take to wean from 5 mg of Prednisone? (I have Polymyalgia Rhematica)

View more questions Search