Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dina72571 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2013, 11:19 AM
    Help me understand this gift of seeing shadow people and spirits.
    I am 42 years old and have been seeing shadow people and spirits since I was young. I am told that it runs in the family. My problem is I need someone to help me understand this gift and how to turn it on and off. Some are demon like and this last one on Sunday, scared the bejesus out of me and has brought me to tears because it has appeared within 2 hours of the first time. My home is not haunted, I am. I am beginning to feel helpless and I am no longer looking at is as a gift but a life sentence. Family just deals with it and says say a prayer or spray holy water. It is only a bandaid to cover it up. I need to know who can help me?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 05:27 PM
    We need to get a better description (this will be difficult) of these "shadow people." Are they human shaped? Do any of them seem associated with living people like an aura? Are they simply there or do they seem to be doing something? Have you ever tried to communicate with any of them?

This one that scared you Sunday; what do you mean by "it appeared within 2 hours of the first time?" Were these the only times you have seen that particular "shadow?"

Lots of questions remain to be answered. Keeping an open questioning mind will help with your fears.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2013, 07:23 PM
    Some people say they are another dimension co existing with our dimension and only some people can see them. Many people say they see them wearing fedora hats and are tall and lean. There is really no understanding it, some people can just see super naturally whether it is orbs, auroas, remote viewing or whatever their 'gift' is. I have seen shadow cats a few times. Mostly I get visions of people when they are going to die. You may be seeing demons or other entities.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 18, 2013, 12:58 PM
    You're right in what you say... you're haunted, not your home. Spirits that act like this very often run in families. Saying a prayer and especially using holy water are not the cure for this. People often don't understand that there are different types of prayers and different ways to pray. General pray rarely has an effect on spiritual issues such as what you are dealing with.

Spirit shapes, colors, etc have no real meaning on what the entity really is. Demons can take the form of just about anything and these different manifestations often lead people to think that they are different entities altogether.

Very likely someone in your family's past had some involvement in the occult. It takes one door like this to open for a spirit(s) to stay within a family for generations. It's not a gift you or your family members have, but rather it is the spirit moving within the family allowing itself to be seen by you. These are intentional manifestations... not an accident or anything to do with an ability that you hold.
    winduptoy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2013, 01:45 AM
    I understand how you feel.I am 38 and scared to sleep in the dark.I see them everywhere,and we have moved several times.I sometimes question my sanity.it is not a gift,you are right.I see blurs,shadows,movements,what exactly do you see? My friend is a well known clairvoyance. He says he will pray for it to calm down.it does seem to work.I hope things improve for you.x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shadow People ? [ 4 Answers ]

So here's my story, When I was 1 year old my whole family always told me I was terrified of my own shadow but now I am 15 and I am not scared of my own shadow but I am scared of some type of shadow. I have always seen this tall male like shadow In the halls of anywhere and everywhere I go it just...

Shadow people [ 4 Answers ]

I have shadows people living in my room.. I have seen them in this house since we moved here 9yrs ago. I used to feel dread and afraid at night trying to sleep.. But now when I don't and If I look for them or call they move closer.. My niece and daughter asked me why I walk upstair all night but I...

Shadow people- Q's? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been dealing with shadow people since I was around four years old. It started with me seeing fleeting shadows at night, people standing at our door during storms, and even a cat in the crook of my knee when I woke up one morning. There's always been a dominant shadow in particular- I call her...

Shadow People [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone can give me some answers to this problem. My daughter and son in law just moved into a new home and they have seen and heard a lot of stuff but, the thing that bothers them the most is they have both seen shadow people, and that scares the devil out of them but, worse than that is my...

Shadow People [ 4 Answers ]

I've been looking into finding stuff up about shadow people and it looks familiar to a figure I saw in my kitchen when I was a kid. I can try to tell you as best as I possibly can. The first thing is that the figure in my kitchen wasn't anyone in my family but didn't look like a ghost cause it was...

View more questions Search