Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jubb9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Disorderly conduct, how will it affect me?
    I have a disorderly conduct charge on my record. I am beginning to look for a job ( I am just finishing school) and I am really nervous about how this will affect my job search. When someone looks at my record, what do they see? I am sure that it is more extensive then just saying 'disorderly conduct' on there. Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Hello jubb:

There isn't any "record" that employers are going to see. There is no central repository data base of everybody's criminal records that are available to employers. There just isn't. So, what one employer might find isn't at all what another employer might find. It really depends on how much money they want to spend and who they spend it with. There are lots of employee search firms out there. Some are good and some are bad. Some might find your record, and some might not.

If it were me, I'd spend a couple hundred bucks and employ some of these jokers to do a background check on yourself. Then you might have better idea of what it is they might find.

In any case, employers will give you a better shot if you are up front about your situation. Of course, I don't know if a "disorderly conduct" charge is a felony or a misdemeanor, or if you did prison time, or just paid a fine. It DOES make a difference.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad conduct discharge [ 11 Answers ]

Is there any sight that tells a persons rights or lack there of ,after a bad conduct discharge,I got it when I was 19 ,admitted I was wrong and it was either admit it or they were going to fry me,id rather be free and a failure than locked up ,at that time. That was 17 years ago,Ive tried to get...

Bad conduct discharge [ 13 Answers ]

I received a bad conduct discharge from the Navy 15 years ago for AWOL, I served 6 months in the Brig, was reduced from E4 to E1, and loss of all benefits, can I have that upgraded in any way or get any benefits or shall I have to live with that mistake for the rest of my life. I didn't do drugs...

Bad Conduct discharge [ 1 Answers ]

End

Disorderly conduct for employment app [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I'm applying for a new job(a county job)in my area the app is going to ask have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor? I have a disorderly conduct charge from about 10 years ago at least of course I would have to mention this(I'm in pennsylvania)will this affect my chances of...

Haunted by a Disorderly Conduct [ 2 Answers ]

Will a Disorderly Conduct (Violation) sealed by the court prevent me from working for specifically for a bank? Or any other types of employment? Also, will my fingerprints show up (the bank is requiring that I submit them) - they were confirmed by the city/county that they were destroyed &...

View more questions Search