Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reiki Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 10:52 PM
    to ask out or not...
    Hi. So, there is this girl (let's call her L) that I indirectly know. We initially met two summers ago. She came up to me at a bar. She said, "you are cute amd.if you're single I think you should take my number." I took her number. She later Facebook message me saying how I was skate and cute. Unfortunately, I never responded that same week I started casually dating someone else (let's call her S) and I am not the type to date more than one person. I defintely liked her but didn't feel right pursuing it. The relationship I was in turned to . In short, I was cheated on. In retrospect I made the wrong choice on who to date!

Back to my point. A while after me and S finally broke, I asked L out for a drink. She was totally into it but ended up canceling because she went exclusive with someone else. Now, I am single and she is single (at least her Facebook info was changed back to single), and I definitely want to ask her out again. I'm hesitant because its been kind of a long time and our only dialogue has been what I've stated. I know her indirectly through friends. We have several mutual friends and a couple mutual close friends.

Is it inappropriate to ask her out? Even if I'm not entirely sure if she is single (she did switch from being in a relationship with X to single)?

Any thoughts are welcome

Thank you for your time.

Sep 16, 2013, 10:54 PM
    Please excuse typos. I am using a phone that has a poor user interface.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 11:02 PM
    Why don't you try talking to her again? No need to jump right into asking her out as the first line of communication. Talk a little, catch up, and then ask her out.

Sep 16, 2013, 11:08 PM
    Yeah. I want ask her out for a drink just to hang out, talk, and see how our energies are. We don't really see each other around much, so I would have to ask over Facebook. I'm just worried it seems out of the blue, but at the same time you only live once...
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 11:12 PM
    Don't make it a date. Contact her and tell her you want to hang out.

Sep 16, 2013, 11:18 PM
    Ok. So emphasis on a casual drink would be a good idea.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 05:22 AM
    Make sure she's single then ask her out for a casual drink or meal.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 12:45 PM
    Why don't you send her a message to see if she even responds to that first before worrying about asking her out.

Start with, "Hey, it's been a while, how have you been?"

Let's see if she's even interested in reconnecting with you first before you worry about the next step.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search