Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poncho93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 09:46 AM
    Do I have to end my distant relationship even if we love each other?
    Hey fellows, I am extremely confused at the moment. I've met a girl that is amazing. By the time she went home, her parents were offered a job far away and they had to move before 2 months.

We have started our relationship just before they moved. Now, 2 months later, show her I love her as well as I can, so does she. But I guess we could not continue this love, split by the distance (250 killometres, about 192 miles).

I will not stop loving her, despite the distance. We will probalby see each other like once per month in the best case (usually 2-3 months due to school). What I ask for is, do I end this now to prevent future hurt, or continue this way and let it end by itself?

Thanks in advance!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2013, 11:27 AM
    You discuss with her on making it work, ways to make it work and if she wants it to work. Make it clear to her that if and when she wants to go her own way that you would want to know.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 11:53 AM
    Risk of failure or future hurt would not stop me from trying. Talk to her and see how she feels about it.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 01:13 PM
    Depends on whether you think the relationship is worth the risk. It's easy to give up on it and you would have the opportunity to meet new people, but you won't know if it would have worked out.

Long distance requires a lot of patience. So only do it if you have strong feelings for each other. That being said, 2 months is not very long as a trial period.

This is definitely a conversation that you should be having with her to see if you both feel that there is a future together.
    poncho93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2013, 06:15 AM
    Thanks a lot for the fast response, I find your help great, I've had a discussion with her an she said that there is nothing I could fear, she said that she really loves me and was actually worried about losing me too :) Thanks again!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 06:35 AM
    How old are the two of you? You've only dated a few months.
    Just be honest and when or if one of you meets someone or wants to move on,
    Be honest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I love my boyfriend, but I feel trapped. Do I end the relationship? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have always had an up and down relationship but great sex and a lot of laughs for the first few years, he is probably the funniest person I know. Having been together for 10 years (bar a year and a half apart) I have always felt that I have made the majority of effort in the...

New relationship, pregnancy, girlfriend being distant [ 20 Answers ]

Hello all, OK, so I met this girl 2 months ago and immediately we clicked big time. I tried to not get attatched, as I just got out of a long relationship in December and really did not want to get into a relationship, but things just felt really good with her and everything happened so fast...

How to end a long distant relationship nicely [ 4 Answers ]

I'll cut to the chase. Me and my partner have been together now for just over 3 months. We're on opposite sides of the world. I'm in Europe and he's in the states. I don't think we're going to work out, its so long distance I don't think we'll ever see each other so there isn't really much of a...

Distant relationship!is it really healthy [ 5 Answers ]

I am in a fix,I have this one gurlfriend,she's presently I africa wiv me from the U.S,we've being dating for a couple of months now,she's done with her work experience and she's about to go back,I'm really confused for she wants us to keep the relationship,to be honest I don't see myself coming...

Long Distant Relationship/ Should I give up? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 2 yrs. Now and he's been having trouble finding a job. We had an offer that we couldn't refuse a good paying job (finally) and the catch is relocating. It was his families business and we agreed that a year of sacrifice will be good in the long run...

View more questions Search