Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    royk786 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 06:49 AM
    Free cdl training for a felon in orlando fl area
    Hi my name is Roy and I just had a interstate transfer from NYC to Orlando FL with my parole. I have a non violent d felony (white collar) . I'm looking for a company or school that would sponsor me with my cdl so that I can begin a new career and a better future. My probation officer support my decision for me obtaining my cdl and is willing to provide whatever the school or company may need. I also obtained a certificate of relief from the state of NY. If anyone knows any info please email me at [email protected]. Thank you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 16, 2013, 07:00 AM
    No one 'sponsors' anyone for CDL that I have ever heard of. Programs exist for re-training for certain groups, but they are in the areas of mental health, retardation, single mothers, those who never finished high school, and so on.
    Most such schools offer scholarships or sliding scale tuition, but you have to contact each one.
    Your main problem is getting a job afterwards with a felony, but a d felony during better economic times, hopefully soon, should have reasonable prospects.

A general site you can look at is educationconnection.com
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2013, 07:52 AM
    Hi roy, have you looked into getting a CDL learners permit and hooking up with a small company or independent owner? Sometimes they will take you on to have help with the manual parts of the job and in return you get experience with the truck. It will still be up to you to study the information to pass the exams required to earn a CDL. Read the link below. Good luck

http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/CDLLearnersPermitBrochure.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helping an ex-felon to get into a CDL training school [ 10 Answers ]

If anyone knows a CDL training school that allows ex-felons attend please let me know.. im trying to help my friend to .his CDLs

Looking for free cdl training [ 5 Answers ]

I have a class b cdl, with a ten year work history OTR, but was injured two and a half years ago, and have been unemployed, I now have a green light from my doctor to work again, is there a free class A CDL training academy that will accept me? I was rejected by Stevens Transport Academy for being...

Where can I get free cdl training with a felony 5 years old? [ 3 Answers ]

Where can I find free cdl training with a felony 5 years old?

Is there free cdl training for felons? [ 6 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

Cdl a free training with decent pay [ 2 Answers ]

Just a quick question.

View more questions Search