Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rikoshay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 06:14 AM
    Software to connect two computers together through router
    I am wanting to connect my laptop which is running win8 to my desktop which is running 7. Can this be accomplished using the same file sharing method that you described with the two laptops running the same win version? Also can I send a file to the desktop and have it printed, in other words can I run control over the desktop computer from my laptop? Thank you for you time and help with this problem

Rik
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 05:27 PM
    How remotely do you want to do this? If your on at home and want to do it then you already have the software to create a local network with file sharing. If your looking to use it over the internet there are programs you can use to do it with. So which option are you thinking of using?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 17, 2013, 06:33 PM
    By router are we talking a home router used for sharing the Internet from a broadband connection? If so, it usually has a 4 port switch and maybe WiFi. If that's what you have, then if both computers are connected they are in a LAN. They can share files and other resources.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My router won't connect to my other 2 computers [ 3 Answers ]

My wireless router will not connect to my other 2 computers. It only connects to one computer,if I'm right is called the host because that the one it is connected to by wires but not the rest. We restarted the computer about 6 times now and it hasn't done anything. Any help on this?

How to network two computers using a router [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm pretty new to this networking thing, so my problem I have two pc's A & B using windows xp service pack 2 and a router, connected via the LAN port on both PC . The set up was easy but I can't access the printer and files on PC A from PC B. I used the network wizard to set up a...

How do I connect two xp computers [ 4 Answers ]

How do I connect two xp computers

Hooking 2 computers through a router [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to get 2 computers to go through a Cable Modem. They both work hooked up individually but not together through the Linksys 8+1. They are both plugged into a Linksys 8+1 Workgroup GigaSwitch EtherFast 10/100/1000 and that device is plugged into the cable modem. Is the 8+1 also known...

View more questions Search