Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samvinci Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 03:28 PM
    Hunter fans wiring diagram
    I purchased a Hunter fan with kight assembly, Model # 53161, Item # 302359. I am having trouble making the right wiring connections. I have a green ground wire, awhite wire, a red wire and a black wire coming from the celing. I connected the green ground wires toghter, the white wies together. The back wires together, and the red and blue wiers together. The fan works but the lights will not work. What am I doing wrong?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 15, 2013, 03:42 PM
    Most often when you have the wiring arrangement described one of the hot conductors (the red and black wires) is uninterrupted power and the other is interrupted power In other words, one wire is turned on and off by the switch. That wire can be either the black or the red. The other wire is hot all the time.

So is the wall switch in the on position?
    Don't forget pull chains.

Some fan/light assemblies have a single white (neutral) that serves both the fan and the light. Some have two white wires, one for the fan and one for the light. Could you have missed a white?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2013, 05:46 PM
    Normally a black and red wire would indicate 2 circuits and 2 switches with a shared neutral. Put black to blue -what happens? If you can only find 1 switch and have pulll chains, connect ceiling black with fan black and light blue.
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 17, 2013, 12:10 PM
    This is the wiring guide I recommend to everyone... has all the wiring colors

I'll post it again

Ceiling Fan Wiring Instructions, Electrical Wiring for Ceiling Fan by Wiring Color

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter fans wiring diagram [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing a remote control to my existing Hunter fan. The transmitter has two wires going to the fan. One circuit lead, and one neutral. The problem is the Hunter fan seems to have two circuit leads to the motor. One Brown and one pink. Which is the better of the two to connect the...

Hunter fans wiring diagram [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to connect a ceiling fan to the ceiling (LOL) the wall has two switches, and I would like to connect one switch for light and one for fan, but I don't know what is what. The fan has a Solid Black wire, a solid white wire, a black and white wire and then a green wire (from the base...

Hunter ceiling fans wiring diagram [ 0 Answers ]

The black/white wire on the hunter ceiling fan, I understand that it is to be connected to the black wire that is also on the ceiling fan and then both connected to the black wire that is coming out of the electrical box. Will any harm be done if the black/white wire gets taped off and left loose...

Hunter fans wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I have a hunter fan to install. Out of the ceiling is a red,black and white wire, the fan has a black,black w/white stripe and white wire. Now it is black to black,white to white but what about the red and blackw/white stripe?

Wiring diagram for hunter fans [ 1 Answers ]

Installing hunter ceiling fan with light. Fan and light control is on the wall wire coming out of fan is white,black,black/white out of the ceiling is white,black and red what is the hookup?

View more questions Search