Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meaghan12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 09:02 AM
    Foster care?
    My life has just fallen apart. My mum and dad got divorced when I was 7, and she remarried and got divorced again last year. Between the two of them I have lost my whole family. I lost my four stepsisters, my uncles, aunts, grandparents, everyone. I have self harmed for about two years, and during the summer (a few weeks ago) I overdosed and had to stay in hospital for three days. I smoke as well. Those things help me to cope with everything that's going on, so please don't say that I shouldn't just because Im 14. On the days that I go to my dads, I'm scared. He hits me occasionally and he is always in a bad mood, it scars me. When I'm at my mums, my brother is violent to me, and punches me etc. he's only 10 but he's strong and it hurts, he's gave me a bust lip with one punch before.My mum hits me too when were fighting sometimes. Everyday we have fightsand arguments. Its not just like a little disagreement that pisses us off, its screaming and they both gang up on me and its unbearable. I can't live like this anymore, and Im scared that if I do then I will end up overdosing again. Before you say that you need to hear both sides of the story and to make sure that I'm not just being unfair to my family, read this. My mum was raped as a child, too young to remember, by her dad. I know this because I read her diary. She also used to cut. She has been on medication to help her stay... sane I guess. I think that foster care would be the best thing. I can't live like this anymore, and I would rather live a happy life with another family than live a sad depressing suicudal one with my blood family. I have a social worker and I don't know how to get intouch with someonoe who can help get me into care.

Thank you for reading this.

Im 14 by the way, I have just started my gcse year and don't want to mess things up.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2013, 01:36 PM
    Foster care doesn't mean happy forever after. It could mean an even worse situation since foster parents have absolutely no emotional attachment to you.

You have a social worker, so why not talk with him/her about all this?
    meaghan12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 01:44 PM
    I suggested it to my old coucellor, and she said that its horrible there, and I know that it would be, but I could end up with a lovely family, with no abuse and it would be a fresh start?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 15, 2013, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meaghan12 View Post
    I suggested it to my old coucellor, and she said that its horrible there, and I know that it would be, but I could end up with a lovely family, with no abuse and it would be a fresh start?
    The chances of ending up with a lovely family are practically nonexistent. Usually people sign up to foster because of the money, and not to share their love.

How much do you start and contribute to the fights and arguments?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be sent into foster care? [ 8 Answers ]

I am a 13 year old girl suffering from anxiety, depression, and blackouts (and I don't drink). I really hate my parents because they constantly fight with me. When something doesn't go their way I am 1 yelled at 2 punished or 3 both. Then when I try to break up their fights with my bro or other...

Foster Care [ 4 Answers ]

I am a thirteen year old girl and I have not felt wanted since about 3 years of age my parents split up when my mam found out she was pregnant with me. Since that point in life I have had 13 primary's 1 secondary and 18 house's, my mam moved in with her boyfriend and started taking drugs. Then she...

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

View more questions Search