Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    probs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 05:31 AM
    Ceiling Fan intermitantly starts and stops
    My Hampton bay ceiling fan quit working. Intermitantly and without any activation from the wall switch or pull chain it will start on its own for a few seconds then stop. There is a slight hum from the motor whenever this happens what are the possible causes and solutions?

Thanks
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2013, 07:37 AM
    Sounds like a switch going bad or a loose connection in the circuit. If the fan is a few years old it could be internal as well... Check the switch, check the wiring, (splices and connections), rule out what you can...
    You will need a voltage meter to test things.
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 15, 2013, 01:08 PM
    Why does no one use the troubleshooting guides anymore?

Ceiling fan makes a humming noise

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My furnace fan starts, then stops [ 3 Answers ]

I put a new blower motor in my furnace the blower comes on the stop what can I do too get to work Thank you

Payne 394gaw furnace - main gas starts/stops/starts/stops [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Payne 394gaw furnace. The house thermostat calls for heat, the igniter assembly sparks and lights fine. (problem 1): It takes about three minutes for the thermocouple in the igniter assembly to close (problem 2): The main gas starts, runs for about 10 seconds, then stops, then...

Fan motor starts for a second then stops [ 0 Answers ]

Goodman heat pump, fan motor starts for a second then stops about 10 seconds it tries again.

Goodman furnace problems when running the ac it starts stops starts stops [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace 98% efficient it works fine on heat but when I run the ac unit it will run fine for an hour or three but then it will start stoping and starting the blower motor I have changed the transformer the blower motor the door switch anyone have any idea why it does this any help...

Condenser Fan stops and starts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bryant system and I have replaced the cap and the fan motor on the outside unit. My question is this, should the condenser fan always run when the pump is on or does it regulate the temperature and turn the fan on as needed. I thought it ran constantly as long as the unit was on. ...

View more questions Search