Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morales3 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 05:02 AM
    Should I wait for my girlfriend to come back?
    My girlfriend and I have been together for 1year and 7 months. Everything is good, but she misses her family in another state. She said she really misses them and is depressed here. Doesn't like her jobs and deals with drama at home with stepmom and dad. She said she wants to go for 1 year to catch up with her real mother and sisters. Should I be mad? Be upset? Understanding? I tolded her that I would be committed to her and won't see other people. Like 1 year to do what I got to do and let her do what she got to do and then reunited again after.

What should I do?
    Riley2223 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2013, 05:05 AM
    Don't wait. Go with her. It will show her how devoted you are to her.

Sep 15, 2013, 05:20 AM
    Wouldn't that be too pushy and being in the middle of what she wants to accomplish?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 15, 2013, 10:22 AM
    I don't know why you would be mad. How old are the two of you?
    Let her go. You guys can remain friends but I think you should be free of the relationship then there is no stress on either of you.

Sep 15, 2013, 11:21 AM
    I'm 23 and she's 21
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 15, 2013, 11:38 AM
    Let her go. If you two are meant to be, you will get back together, But allow her to go with no entanglements
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2013, 12:36 PM
    I'd leave things where they stand. If 'n when you happen to meet someone that you really want to go out with deal with it then. Don't go looking for others to go out with but if a girl happens to come along weigh your options then decide when you get to that fork in the road.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 15, 2013, 05:33 PM
    You should both do what you have to do with no promises or commitments for the future. My friend, there is no telling what you or her have to do for yourselves in the future.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 16, 2013, 01:30 PM
    Time will tell if this is going to work out. If you both feel it's worth it to wait for each other to sort things out, then wait it out. If even of you starts giving up, this relationship will probably end anyway.

Can you visit her? Have you two talked about your expectations for each other? Does she expect you to wait for her? Do you expect her to come back to where you live?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I wait for my ex-girlfriend? [ 11 Answers ]

This is kind of weird I've never done this before. I was with my ex-girlfriend for 4 years, we met back in college during our freshman year, we have never had an argument and always loved being with each other. After college I moved to her home town and lived with her. We were so excited and...

Should I wait for a year before sex with my girlfriend? [ 3 Answers ]

I need advice. I met this girl and she tells me she wants to wait for a year. She said her exe's were impatient. So I think that's why she might of said that. I have been friends with her for about 2 months. But it feels like it has been longer. She even confessed to me that she does like...

My girlfriend says she loves me but is not in love with me but wait there's more... [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Well this is my first post and it is a biggie... I have been dating my girlfriend for just over 5 months now. I love her and am falling in love with her more everyday. Recently she wanted to talk about our future... I knew this talk would happen sooner or later. She asked me 'where...

Should I wait around for my ex girlfriend? [ 4 Answers ]

So I am in a very confusing situation and no one I know seems to be able to give me some good advice on this one. So there is a lot of back story on this one, really too much to even to go into, but here are the basics. So I was with my girlfriend for 2.5 years and we were friends for about 6...

Should I wait for my girlfriend? [ 4 Answers ]

Right, this is the first time I'm posting my feelings on something like and unsure of the responses I will get. Well here goes... I have been with my girlfriend for 1year and 3months, we used to have little fights/arguments nearly every week and we started sorting things out, weeks would go...

View more questions Search