Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crlopez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 09:41 PM
    Sick Dog.. very skinny, vomiting, and whimpering suddenly.. Help!!
    I have a 5 year old chihuahua who has been throwing up his food for the past few days. He is eating normal, no changes in food and has not lost his appitite but does eventually throw it back up. He has gotten very skinny to the point where I can feel his bones... He also cries suddenly as if something is hurting but I have no idea what can be hurting him.
    I do plan on taking him to a vet soon but I am in Colorado and my area is being hit with floods, roads are closed and people are being evacuated as I'm sure you might have heard on the news..

Any suggestions of what can be wrong or what I can do to help him?!
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2013, 01:49 AM
    If he is throwing up after eating and is acting painful, than this is no matter to wait! You had better canoe your way to the next available vet hospital.

The big major thing that could be causing your dog to vomit and act painful is a blockage of the GI tract. Sorry to sound so harsh, but blockages can cause you to have a big vet bill the longer you wait, not to mention is a huge threat to his life! And although there is major chaos going on right now, you still need to be able to get him in as soon as you can!

I'm from Colorado as well.. these floods are kind of crazy, huh? But sooo very needed!!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 07:48 AM
    Blockage came to mind for me as well. I agree, it's time to find a way to the vet or risk your dog dying. There's no real "at home" treatment for blockages, they almost always require surgery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog Not Sick But Keeps Vomiting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2.5 year old jack russell/corgi mix also and this has been occurring. He vomits unexpectedly about once every other day and then acts like nothing happens. He is in great shape and habits have not changed. He runs, plays, barks and follows commands, which he wouldn't do when he has been...

Dog is not sick but keeps vomiting [ 6 Answers ]

I have a two and a half year old jack russell. For the past few months he keeps vomiting. Not a lot, just usually once or twice a week. It seems to happen at random, it's not after just eating or anythihng that I can figure out. He isn't sick at all - he is his usual hyper, energetic bouncy self....

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

6 week old Pug suddenly vomiting - what to do? [ 4 Answers ]

My almost 6 week old pug suddenly started vomiting. I have 4 other puppies and none of them are ill. She is still running around but is whining a lot and shakes. I have not changed her diet. Her stomach feels bloated. She really wants to nurse but her mom is at the vets office for an...

View more questions Search