Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coreyboy1820 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 02:10 PM
    Weights: How much do I lift?
    I have been lifting weights and the sides of my wrists have started to hurt and I told my dad and I need to know how much I need to lift. Can you help? My dad made me go back to 5 pounds on each dumbbell but that feels like I can lift so much more then that. I was lifting 15 pounds. How much should I lift?

I am 13
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2013, 02:13 PM
    I'd try 10. Also you should never exercise the same muscles 2 days in a row.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 05:43 PM
    Its not how much weight you lift. It's the routine of lifting, starting low and gradually building in a reasonable time. If you are hurting yourself, it's a sign of damage from too much. You don't build or condition muscles by over doing it, and I would say your dad is correct. Listen to him.

Twenty minute routines every other day is enough. Varying your routine to different exercises for different muscle groups is a complete workout.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lifting Weights [ 4 Answers ]

I've been lifting weights at my gym about 3x a week since Oct '07. I've seen a significant increase in muscle mass and strength. Is there anything natural I can do increase my work out's effectivness or grow more quickly?

Lifting weights the right way [ 1 Answers ]

Im doing this workout pln that I got off the internet where you a part of your body muscles hard in then the next day you work on another part while letting the previous muscle get the day rest.and I continue in that pattern.my question is I haven't worked out and several months.so should I start...

Should I lift weights? [ 8 Answers ]

Im 29 year old woman who is overweight. I've been doing cardio 4-5 times a week and have not really had any great results now. I lost 15 pounds in 3 months but I still look pretty much the same. I'm startting to give up since my results are minimal. I've heard that weight training gives the...

Weights [ 4 Answers ]

Is it better to lift lift 2 weights (free) at the same time or to alternate arms with the weights?

View more questions Search