Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    omega411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2013, 09:38 AM
    Ny resident do I need to file NJ non resident tax return
    I am NY resident and own a rental house in NJ also own a NJ LLC that owns commercial property in NJ. Do I need to file NJ non resident tax return for myself to show income/loss from rental house and K-1 income/loss from NJ LLC?

Check out some similar questions!

Can a non-resident spouse of a non-resident alien file a joint tax return? [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing the taxes for a nonresident alien (the taxpayer.) The taxpayer's spouse does not work and is also a nonresident alien. The taxpayer works in the US and has a TIN. They are filing out form W7 for the spouse. The spouse does not have a TIN number yet. Can they file joint on a paper...

Should I file New York State Tax Return as Non Resident or Resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am an IT engineer on L1 Visa from India. I came to USA on 16th October 2010. I have a job in New York state. Since 16th October 2010, I have been staying in Syracuse, NY. I have a W-2 form from my employer which mentions State 'NY' in box 15, State wages around $11,000.00 in box 16 and...

Can I Jointly file tax return with spouse (resident alien & non resident alien) [ 1 Answers ]

I am in H1B worked in two different states in 2008 01Jan08 - 25Feb08 - Texas 05May08 - 13Aug08 - Texas 14Aug08 - 31Dec08- Illinois Note: march-April in India Spouse moved to US on 24 Oct 2008 in H1B got SSN in nov and doesn't have W2 for 2008 1. As per substantial presence test myself...

File tax return 2007 as a resident or non-resident [ 1 Answers ]

I came to US in August 2002 to do PhD at Iowa State University and graduated in March 2007, all the time on F-1 Visa. From March to October 2007, I was on OPT as a post-docotral researcher at University of Wiscosin-Madison. From October 15th 2007 to December 2007 I was on H1-B visa, as a...

File W-7 form without tax return and why to file as a resident alien? [ 1 Answers ]

I came to USA in August 2004 on F1 Visa. I graduated and change status to H1b visa from October 2007. Now, I got married and my hasband came to USA on January 2008 on H4 visa. I have my brothers whom I can claim as they have green card and not earning anything. I will have to wait till May 2008...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.