Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexpg1304 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2013, 11:45 PM
    I'm after the name of a movie re: an american car manufacturer
    Hi there guys, I'm completely stumped as I have tried many sites and googled for answers and cannot get the answer any where. I'll try to describe the movie as best as I can. The movie is about an american car manufacturer that produced a vehicle that had defects, The movie was in color but it was about a manufacturer that produced this vehicle probably in the 60's or 70's and once the Head guys of the car company found out about the defect they put it to their "bean counters" accountants and had to make a decision whether to recall the car or not. If my memory servers me correct, the bean counters decided it would be cheaper for them to NOT recall the defective cars and take a chance on when people had accidents etc. that they would pay them out. Once again if my memory serves me rite, I think that the car company was found out and they were sued for millions and it sent them broke?? I realize my explanation is quite sketchy but if anyone can recall the movie from the information I've provided it would be fantastic... I can picture a car that would have been around the Hudson era...
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2013, 10:16 AM
    The Corvair comes to mind:
    1961 Corvair - The 50 Worst Cars of All Time - TIME
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 10:19 AM
    The only movie that even comes close to what you're describing (as far as I know) is Tucker: The Man and His Dream (1988) - IMDb
    fresher92 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2013, 01:15 PM
    Have you tried IMDB plot search? If I enter bean counter, I get the following: IMDb: Most Popular Titles With Plot Matching "bean counter"
    wonthewest Posts: 138, Reputation: 11

Sep 16, 2013, 04:41 PM
    Sounds like a mixture of Tucker and Class Action with Gene Hackman.
    sandyleerose Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2013, 02:28 AM
    Tucker? With jeff bridges?
    mlauzon Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2013, 01:52 PM
    Are you sure you're not thinking of "Flash of Genius" (2008) with Greg Kinnear:

Based on the true story of college professor and part-time inventor Robert Kearns' long battle with the U.S. automobile industry, Flash of Genius tells the tale of one man whose fight to receive recognition for his ingenuity would come at a heavy price. But this determined engineer refused to be silenced, and he took on the corporate titans in a battle that nobody thought he could win. The Kearns were a typical 1960s Detroit family, trying to live their version of the American Dream. Local university professor Bob married teacher Phyllis and, by their mid-thirties, had six kids who brought them a hectic but satisfying Midwestern existence. When Bob invents a device that would eventually be used by every car in the world, the Kearns think they have struck gold. But their aspirations are dashed after the auto giants who embraced Bob's creation unceremoniously shunned the man who invented it. Ignored, threatened and then buried in years of litigation, Bob is haunted by what was done to his family and their future. He becomes a man obsessed with justice and the conviction that his life's work-or for that matter, anyone's work-be acknowledged by those who stood to benefit. And while paying the toll for refusing to compromise his dignity, this everyday David will try the unthinkable: to bring Goliath to his knees.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1054588/combined
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2013, 02:08 PM
    I doubt it would be Tucker because that was about the guy that invented the ideal car
    Probably the corvair, they ha a lot of problems
    Mnykdz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2014, 08:28 AM
    Are you thinking of "Class Action", with Gene Hackman and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie like american pie [ 0 Answers ]

A boy get a mobile.

An old american movie [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if any one know the name of an old movie about girl moved to an old house and one day she saw a table with a small door in it and she put a letter in it and after a while the letter disappear. Later she opens the small door and finds a letter that came from a man from other...

From the American President Movie [ 1 Answers ]

What does this quote mean? "How do you have patience for people who claim they love America, but clearly can't stand Americans?"

What movie is this?around 1990, 2 men, car, threatens to light the car on fire [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I've been trying to work out which movie this is for ages, The name I can't remember but it was made around 1990 and is an american black comedy I think, I don't remember the plot but there is a scene in it where the two men are arguing and one gets into the car and locks the doors, the...

View more questions Search