Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EMILYTA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2013, 02:36 PM
    My dog is in trouble!
    HI EVERYONE,
    My dog has been throwing everything he's eating including water. I took him to the vet and he got a x-ray, but the x-ray didn't show anything and the veterinarian want to send it to a radiologist. This will cost extra money which I don't have. I can't afford to get my baby a surgery. I think he has a intestinal blockage. Is there any solution for this? Can I give my dog a small amount laxative? Please help! I love him to death. He's a chihuahua and he is 4 years old.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 13, 2013, 02:43 PM
    No you can't give you dog a laxative. If you love your let to death, then find the money for the radiologist. Plain and simple. If it is a blockage, that is serious, and means pain and suffering for your dog.

If you know it is a blockage, then you know he ate something that he should not have. Did you explain this to the vet?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2013, 06:26 PM
    A laxative will make the blockage worse.

If you don't have the money for surgery, than your only other option is to put your dog down... he is in major pain right now!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 07:51 AM
    Yes, there is something you can do. Start looking for a home that can afford the costs associated with pet ownership. Sorry to sound so harsh, but here's the facts.
    1. Your dog is sick
    2. Your dog needs immediate medical attention
    If you can not provide the necessities of life to your dog, you need to surrender him to someone who can and will. Loving him as much as you say you do, means not being selfish and doing the right thing.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 18, 2013, 03:10 PM
    I agree with Bella. If you love this dog as much as you say you do, either find a way to pay for the necessary treatment he needs, or surrender him to someone that can.

This is part of owning a dog. I know times are tough, it's not easy to spend hundreds on a vet. But emergencies do happen. You should have prepared for this when you got the dog.

Re-homing is much better than watching him die a slow painful death. Right?

Another option is to call the vet and ask if they'll consider doing a payment plan. Many vets will for emergencies. It can't hurt to ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog is having trouble moving around [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5-6 year old shih tzu. He just got back from the groomer on Friday (7-13-12) and he got a teddy bear cut because he was matted. Anyway ever since he is having a problem moving around. We have tile flooring and we have a giant rug and it seems he won't get off it. Every time he walks...

Dog in trouble! [ 8 Answers ]

I have a gs dog that's spine is " deterating" that is what the vet says it is. I don't know if he is in pain. :( If so, what can I do? He is an adult dog. I just lost a dog that I loved so much to something like this and I do not want him to be in as much pain as she was.

My dog is having trouble urinating [ 7 Answers ]

When I took my 1 and 1/2 year old cocker out to pee yesterday, she refused to go. She did poo, but would not go pee. Later throughout the day, still nothing but some incontinence (tiny puddles when I would show her attention, and always on my bed!! ). Today, the same thing. This is not like her....

Dog Trouble [ 4 Answers ]

I have a small dog who is about 9 years old and he urintaes in the house only at night, he has plenty of opportunity to go outside but for some reason every morning there it is. Help?

Dog trouble [ 2 Answers ]

My Golden retriever is 10 months old. She won't stop peeing in the house and chews when we leave. I am sure she has separation anxiety, but the potty thing is way out of control. I don't know what to do because we are considering getting rid of her. Help?

View more questions Search