Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KimmiP1231 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2013, 01:46 PM
    Divorced my name on mortgage I signed over the deed
    Do I have any rights to the house although my ex had me sign title over to himm pressured me to do so sayibg if I didn't I would be responsible for payments. I found that not to be true and now he's renting the house to his stepson. My name is on the mortgage do I have any rights at all and how can I get off the mortgage?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 13, 2013, 01:56 PM
    No, you weren't forced at gunpoint to sign the deed over to him. Didn't you have a lawyer for the divorce?
    You are still both responsible for the mortgage (assuming his name is on it too). You are both wrong about what signing over the deed meant. If he stops paying, the lender can go after either one or both of you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2013, 08:02 AM
    No, you have no rights to the house, and yes you are still liable for the mortgage. You should have never signed the deed over until he had gotten a new loan.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 14, 2013, 09:23 AM
    You can try to get the transfer voided but that is a long shot.

A better chance would be to force him to refinance the mortgage to get your name off if he was required to take over the property as part of the divorce.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New wife on ex condo mortgage but not on the deed and he is not paying the mortgage [ 0 Answers ]

My new wife sign a any responsibility on a condo that they both owned. She is on the mortgage but not the deed. He has stopped paying on the condo. What can we do to protect her from bad credit.

Mortgage in my mothers name but we pay the mortgage we want to add ourselves to deed [ 4 Answers ]

We refinanced with my mother we are not on the mortgage but we pay the mortgage she does not live here so we want to add our names to the deed she is very old now and we want to protect our interest!

My name is on the mortgage but not the deed, getting divorced and need advise. [ 1 Answers ]

Please advise. My husband purchased our home 2 months before we married to have as our family home. We had trouble after the first year and I moved out. When got back together, never divorced, and he re-fi the property and told me I would be added to the deed I just need to go to the back and...

Quit Claim Deed Signed off by Party NOT on Loan, Mortgage affected? [ 1 Answers ]

My x wife , is not on the mortgage to the home I bought in 2005, However, her name is on the deed. She was ordered by the Judge to sign off on a Quit Claim, which she did. Now my question is, does this affect the loan in any way, since it is solely in my name?

View more questions Search