Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katlyn513 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2013, 09:07 PM
    Period
    Why are my periods lasting longer after I got the birth control shot I was on my period for about 8 days then a week later I got it again.. Why
    maxinealonso Posts: 11, Reputation: 5

Sep 15, 2013, 04:31 PM
    It takes your body a long time to get used to the new fluctuations of hormones that any type of birth control gives you. If the injection was a high dosage, it can cause more frequent and longer periods for the first couple of months until you become regular. Even then, your periods may last longer, just they may come less frequently. If you get on a lower dosage, you can get less frequent periods and short ones. Talk to your doctor about your dosage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brownish spotting 2 weeks before period then turned red 5 days before period due [ 1 Answers ]

Had unprotected sex on 7/15. Took MAP within twelve hours. Expected ovulation on 7/21 but only got brown spotting which lasted 7 days. Now 5 days before period is due, I am experiencing light bleeding... red in color. Could I be pregnant?

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, [ 1 Answers ]

I had a D&C March 25th, a regular period the next month. My May period was week late, and my June period was only 3 days of light bleeding. I haven't had regualr periods since the birth of my first baby 4/6/09.. whom I breastfeed for 7 months. Anyway my question is I have been so nauseus and just...

View more questions Search