Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nailea_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2013, 02:49 PM
    Immigration
    I am 19 yrs old and I have a sister that is 11 yrs old but she doesn't have any papers I want to help her get her papers so she can go to school in the U.S and I want to be her legal guardian. How do I go about fixing her legalization in the U.S?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2013, 07:00 PM
    If you aren't self supporting and living on your own with a job that has sufficient income... you won't even be qualified to even try.

And it will be expensive.. it will be time consuming... and she might even be an adult before she ever got approved. It can take upwards of 10-12 years in some cases depending on the nationality.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Sep 17, 2013, 11:22 PM
    There are more details not explained in your question and without this info, nobody can give you correct answer. However, your sister may be qualified under new laws, please discuss this issue with experienced immigration attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration Australia#Q Immigration Australian [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know if there is a register of public records that is able to be accessed regarding - Australians that have migrated to other countries?

Immigration [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has received his approval for the wavier I-601. It states that this waiver applies only to the grounds of inadmissibility indicated below: 212(a)(9)(B)(I)(II). What does this mean?

Immigration [ 0 Answers ]

I have asked a lawyer and she informed me that I should wait until I become a citizen next August before I had file for my wife. She also stated that my wife is illegal in the U.S they might order her to leave the country and go home because I am a resident. Is this true, and can I also apply for a...

Immigration [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, everyone. I have a question about immigration . I have a fiancé in another country. We have been trying to find a way to get him here, but what is required in order to bring him to the US? Is it a very hard process? What would be the easiest way to go about that?

Immigration fees for Australian immigration [ 6 Answers ]

Dear Sir; I want to know the immigration fee for Australian Immigration please also clasify both refundable in case of rejection and non refundable immigration fee. I travers every Australian immigration web site but I did'nt find immigration fee please replay me soon. ...

View more questions Search