Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 12, 2013, 01:24 PM
    ... and now for something completely different...
    So enough doom and gloom time for a laugh...

Blobfish wins ugliest animal vote

The blobfish has topped a list of some very strange-looking creatures that all "need help"

The grumpy-looking, gelatinous blobfish has won a public vote to become the official mascot of the Ugly Animal Preservation Society.
    This gives the fish the unofficial title of world's ugliest animal.
    The society began as a science-themed comedy night and devised its mascot campaign to draw attention to "aesthetically challenged" threatened species.
    The winner was announced at the British Science Festival in Newcastle.
    The blobfish tops a list that includes the huge-nosed proboscis monkey, the similarly afflicted pig-nosed turtle, an amphibian affectionately known as a "scrotum frog" and pubic lice.
    Biologist and TV presenter Simon Watt, president of the Ugly Animal Preservation Society, said he hoped the campaign would draw attention to the threats facing these weird and wonderful creatures.

Source: BBC News - Blobfish wins ugliest animal vote
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 01:45 PM
    I'm not even sure what I'm looking at!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 01:51 PM
    Is that a new member?

(Are you smoking funny cigarettes now, Ben?)
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2013, 02:16 PM
    It looks a little like Jimmy Durante.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Now for something completely different [ 15 Answers ]

A pyramid shaped rock has been found on Mars. In any place on Earth to find such a rock would be to have found an artifact, but on Mars it's just a rock, an unusual rock, but a rock. Pyramid shaped rock found on Mars by NASA rover Curiosity | Space, Military and Medicine | News.com.au When you...

... and now for something completely different. [ 7 Answers ]

Last Pinta giant tortoise Lonesome George dies http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/6/24/1340576555626/Lonesome-George-007.jpg BBC News - Last Pinta giant tortoise Lonesome George dies Such a shame..

Factor 4x^2 - 8x= completely [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to factor this problem completely because I have no idea of what Im doing here.

Completely terrified [ 5 Answers ]

How can I tell my parents, whom I have no bond whatsoever with, that I have been depressed for 5 years and in need of help withouth becoming physically sick, shaky, utterly terrified, dizzy, lightheaded, and scared? :(

And now for something completely different [ 84 Answers ]

Yes that's right Boys and Girls, step right up and... Ask Me Anything The Rules Ask me anything you want that isn't to do with this site and I will answer in a style of my choosing. That's the rules done, now what are you waiting for? Ok I know it's on the wrong board, but this is...

View more questions Search