Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msmart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2013, 04:35 PM
    Why doesn't my ceiling fan light work
    Turned the light which has a ceiling fan connected to it and I heard a big pop and the light turned off. The fan still works. It has a remote control. We took it apart and the lights still work when trying them elsewhere but not when put back up with the fan. Any help?
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 12, 2013, 02:30 PM
    Pop usually means a bulb.

Try a new bulb yet?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Check the connection of the blue wire. With a single switch it goes to the house black along with the fan black.
    msmart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Yes. Took the whole light kit down and tried lights separate from the fan and they worked but not when up with the fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan light doesn't work. [ 1 Answers ]

Harbor Breeze fan. Ok house has black white red wire and fan has black white. Hooked fan black to house red and white to white. That got the fan to work no light. No pull strings only remote. Wife bought fan of Craigslist didn't come with remote. We're told can buy wasn't a big deal. Bought the one...

Ceiling fan light doesn't work [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having problems with the light on my fan for awhile. The fan works fine. They both work from pull strings. The light would flicker and I would take out the bulb and put it back in and it would work. When it flickered again, I would play with the bulb until it stayed on. Now, no...

Ceiling fan light doesn't work [ 0 Answers ]

I installed a ceiling fan/lights with a remote about a year ago, Now I'm having a problem with the lights on the fan. Every time I turn the lights on it would light up for about 1-3 seconds and then it will turn off. Would it be possible that the remote receiver is bad? I think I has a dimmer...

Ceiling fan work but light doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my husband put up a new ceiling fan but the light does not work. The ceiling fan that he took down worked but also that light didn't work. I thought it was the ceiling fan but since it's the same problem with brand new fan what do we need to check? From time to time when the other fan was up...

Ceiling fan light doesn't work [ 2 Answers ]

I have put up many ceiling fans with lights but this is the first time I have put one up without a light and then went and bought a light kit. (By the way there are two switches on the wall, one for the light and one for the fan). The ceiling fan worked perfectly and then I went to put the light...

View more questions Search