Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ovalshay2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2013, 07:08 AM
    Parole officer conflict of interest with my brother
    My brothers been home for about 6 months now and the parole officer has him on a bracelet, he also gave him a curfew of 10pm after talking to other parole officers we found out he wasn't suppose to be on any curfew when bringing this up to his parole officer the gentlemen told him he will make it 8pm. My brother left it alone, then his officer came to my sisters house where my brother was staying he went threw my sister's room authorized her door was closed and he also broke her front door. My sister called his supervisor and made a complaint this man he taking things to the max on his part cause, my sister had to move and it left my brother no where to go except to my parents home they own he grew up there and this man told my brother he could't stay their cause, it's a school down the street even though there was a school down the street from my sister's house where he was staying, about two years ago my brother was staying with my parents, another parole officer got in trouble for disrespecting my mom and questing a minor my niece who was visiting my parents during the day. So when he was violated by no fault of his own, meaning he was in school and someone told the police he was stalking them and they locked him ba ck up told him they had another assault on him, we took papers showing he was in school during the time this suppose to have happen but, no one wanted to hear our side, we are at our last end now, I was looking on the internet and decided to just ask question and found this question site, I only short wrote what's been happening, our family truly needs help in this situation, cause, my brother had a job and this parole officer told him to quit his job and go to a program to help him find a job, he told him to stay at the police department, we went to the police department and they told us if homeless people could stay there it would be full he couldn't stay there, so he went to the rescue mission they put him in a hotel for the weekend and now he's laying his head any and everywhere, he was suppose to be off the bracelet aug 30 but this parole guy told him he's homeless so he could't take it office until he find a stable place to live, which he do have but, the parole office won't let him stay. Please help us.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2013, 07:15 AM
    You are incorrect in most of your story.

First knowing most PO, they will not tell you anything, but if they did, many would lie to you, and think it is funny to tell you one thing, and see what happen.

After that, he is on a bracelet, so that is for location, and of course he would have a crewfew, that is common and many people have that.

I would guess the statement about staying at the police was a sarcastic joke, meaning to get arrested and have a place to stay, the parole offficer would know you can not stay there.

And the search, a PO may search the place where the person lives any time they want, they have the right to enter and search.

Sounds like he just has a tough one, and also sounds like he has not been following the rules and getting to suffer for it.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 11, 2013, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    ...And the search, a PO may search the place where the person lives any time they want, they have the right to enter and search.....
    I'm not sure about this. If the owner of the house agreed, perhaps, but I think the PO may be liable for the broken door.

Was there any written agreement with the PO providing that the parolee could stay there? If so, does it give the PO the right to search anywhere in the house, and to break doors doing so?

The title of this thread contains the phrase "conflict of interest". I see no mention of any facts which would constitute a conflict of interest.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2013, 07:36 AM
    I would say that if the parolee or someone is at home and they refuse to open the door, he would have right to enter.

Where the person on parole is to live has to be listed and given to the PO. By virture of them allowing the person on parole to live there, they are giving up the rights for the search.

Sep 11, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Who do u contact to report a parole officer when no one on the parole board listens
    Live in the city of Trenton, NJ a parole officer told someone they had to go to a program that helps them find a job before even attending the program the person found a job so did't do the program,the parole officer then told the person to quit their job if they did't do that they would lock them up for not listening to what they were told to do.
    On another situation, the parole officer told this person he could't stay with parents cause, there is a school down the street, the person was staying with a sibling where there also was a school down the street, the person's sibling moved into a smaller place and if the parole person could't say with their parents they would be homeless, the parole officer told the parole person to stay at the police station the police station said."homeless people, don't stay at the police station. So the person went to shelter and they put them up for a weekend, now person still has no where to go,only place is where he grew up and that's his parents owned home.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2013, 07:51 AM
    Are we talking about YOU... or some "other person"?

Other people like to embelish stories when they pass them on so the chance is high you did not hear the whole truth from them.

This is important to establish.

Sounds like they are a convicted sex offender... if they can't live near a school. And the police station isn't a boarding home... If they are employed... why can't they get an apartment?

I think there is a lot more to this.

Sep 11, 2013, 07:59 AM
    To answer question, no the parole officer was't given permission to search the whole house, only to search where my brothers sleeping area this is what he told me when she first had a meeting with him. And if he was being sarcastic, why would he also tell this man to quit his job and go to a program to help him find a job why step backwards. He has't violated any request he's done every program this man put in front of him his urine was't dirty not once, but, because, my brother went to the parole board on this man he has been making him feel like he's suffering, and can't move forward in life. If u did your time being locked up don't the parole officer suppose to guide you in the right direction? And if you have't violated aren't you suppose to move on in life by working, school, living in a stable place keeping your head above water.

Sep 11, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Looking for free legal consult for problem with parole officer
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2013, 09:59 AM
    Hello o:
    who do u contact to report a parole officer when no one on the parole board listens
    You hire a lawyer.

Excon
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2013, 10:05 AM
    Hello again, O:

Couple things.. Apparently you started this whole probation/parole thing VERY WRONG. Complaining about him is like calling the cops on a cop. It DOESN'T work. Confronting him with what another PO told you, DOESN'T work. If you can't afford to fight him with every breath, and every last nickel you've got, then the thing to do is put your head down and DO what he says.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Is it a parole violation to move without telling your parole officer? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My husband and I have been separated for 4 yrs. He was in prison (assault and drug charges) for the last 2 years, and recently was released on parole. He claims to be living in Anderson county,TX and has all his home visits there. Thing is, he's living here in Smith County,TX with one...

Can my parole officer do this? [ 4 Answers ]

My officer went through my lingerie and continuously looked at a old pic of me in undies( I had no clue it was on an old camera) he then told me he felt I was involved in sexual activities, and it was how I paid for my computer! I was 9 months pregnant and a full time student! When my husband made...

Need case law re: prejudice or conflict of interest of parole officer [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I need to get a reconsideration of a case where a case turned on the judge being upset that the defendant dared to hold the opinion that a parole officer may have been tempted to place a sexual offender into a neighborhood specifically because said parole officer had bad blood with several...

Probation Officer Conflict [ 15 Answers ]

My 17 year old son and my 16 year old nephew (with a brand new baby) committed a crime together and both were sentenced by different judges. They received 4 years adult intensive probation with 6 moths jail time. They have both been released from jail. However, they were given the same probation...

View more questions Search