Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LipuBond007 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2013, 10:03 PM
    Need help on my computer hardware problem.
    I am using a data card (Micromax MMX 353 G). This data card operates finely in my laptop while it operates slowly in my desktop PC. I mean the internet speed remains same, but the browsers and data card interface software operate very slowly in desktop than laptop. Now the hard disk in my desktop is 75 GB and RAM is 1 GB while in laptop it is 300 GB and 4GB respectively. D and E drives of hard disk in my desktop are more than half filled by movies while C is obviously reserved for program files. I wonder if lack of memory in hard disk and RAM is making data card operate slower in desktop.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Nov 29, 2013, 02:53 PM
    Where do you plug it in on the desktop? I ask because there is usually a difference between the front case USB ports and ones in the back which are connected directly to the motherboard. The front case ports are wired and may not be shielded very well but the back ports do not have that issue. There is also a power difference between what the front and back ports are capable of. Sometimes if I plug a usb 2.0 flash drive into my front ports (easier access) I get a warning from the system that they are not capable of high speed and I would be better off using a different port. Have you tried a back port?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to install hardware on my computer without cd or internet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I built my computer, and I used it for a long time and crashed. I re-booted it with a friend's disk and registered it. There's one problem, Every piece of hardware I had installed won't work. I can't use internet because there is no ethernet driver and my disks are lost. I really need this...

Computer hardware [ 2 Answers ]

Can you help me solve a problem with my HP Laserjet 6L its been a good worker for and I don't really want to replace it when I first switch it on there is only one green light on until I tell it to print and than all three lights come on 1 orange and 2 green in the manual it says here is an...

Computer hardware [ 1 Answers ]

When I boot my PC, a shrill sound continues from CPU. This sound continues and go up and down in a cyclic order. What is the reason ? What remedial measures can be initiated if this sound is indicative of any malfunctioning.

Computer hangs after recognizing hardware [ 3 Answers ]

I have a home built computer that has been running perfectly for about 5 yrs. It has an MSI (K7T266 pro2), one gig of RAM, 1.6 AMD Athlon chip running win xp pro. As of this morning the machine boots to the point of recognizing the hardware and whether its working etc, at this point it hangs and...

Computer hardware [ 1 Answers ]

How can I unlock the keyboard of my laptop

View more questions Search