Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charadeclean Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2013, 04:54 PM
    Cleaning bid
    Hello,

I have to put in a bid to clean a facility once per week in queens, n.y.
    I will be cleaning 8 restrooms, with 4 urinals, 10 offices, 20 cubicle offices,
    Lunchroom, 1 conference room . Everything will detail cleaning. Carpets & hard floors, WHAT SHOULD I CHARGE?
    laurajanjennyjo Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2013, 04:38 AM
    I suggest you decide on your hourly rate. You could either then agree with the company to be paid per the hour; so you earn a specific amount for each hour you work, such as $20 per hour, which I think is a reasonable rate for a cleaner, including your travel expenses.

Otherwise you could assess how much time it will take you to complete this job and charge by the job, based on your hourly rate you have agreed for yourself. If you are going to be a cleaner you should decide on a benchmark hourly rate for your services.

That job sounds like an all day job to me! Eight restrooms? With how many stalls, say you have five stalls in each, I would think that would take half an hour per room if they are already fairly clean; you just need to polish the bowels and mop the floors etc. if they are filthy then you would probably need an hour this time round and half an hour the next, work out how long you think each task should take, then you will know how many hours the job will take each time you do it. So for the day you might be charging £150 for that job.

Also, for this job and when you take future jobs, you should assess the level of dirt already in existence at the facility; if it is really grimy then charge more as you will need to spend more time getting it up to standard, then if you clean it regularly after that, charge minus the time you would have spent scrubbing, and just charge for the time it would take to polish the place up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to do a cleaning bid? [ 0 Answers ]

I own a cleaning business in Fayetteville, Nc and I mostly do private residential. I recently decided to start doing apartment complex and offices buildings but am unsure how to bid. I do not want to over or under charge.

I want to bid on commercial cleaning job 284000 sq ft should I bid per sq or per hour [ 5 Answers ]

I have the oppurtunity to bid a pretty big commercial cleaning job 296 offices, 59 bath rooms15 kitchens 32 waiting areas. What is the best way to bid this job.

Cleaning bid [ 3 Answers ]

What is the dollar amount to bid per square foot on a small office building 1000 sq ft

Cleaning Bid [ 4 Answers ]

I need help with a commercial cleaning bid. The apartments are off campus for a large university. There are 64 apts with 4 bdrms and 4 and 1/2 baths in each unit along with kitchen, living room, and dining. They will all be cleaned within a 9 day period. Also keep in mind they were lived in by...

View more questions Search