Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mredding68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2013, 08:36 AM
    Harbor Breeze 52" Ceiling Fan D5201 (not working)
    Thanks in advance for everyone's help: problem, it's not getting any power? I replaced the batteries in the remote, and the little red light's working, so I don't think it's the remote. Could it be the box/sensor inside the fan that triggers the remote? If so, how would I go about replacing it?

Worst case, if I get rid of the remote all together (not my preference), are you able to wire it up directly, so it'll work manually?

Much appreciated!
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 15, 2013, 01:12 PM
    What do you mean "its not getting any power" do you mean the fan

Assuming remote is getting power as you have a light coming on on it.

Do you have pullchains so you can circumvent the remote and see if it turns at all.

If not it could be a dipswitch problem... which is very common

Please read here

Ceiling fan troubleshooting guide - fan is not working

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan stopped working [ 8 Answers ]

My Harbor Breeze ceiling fan just stopped working. We had a power outage and now it won't work. It does have pull chains and even those will not start the fan. It has a remote and it will not work as well. It is not connected to a wall switch. I am not sure what to do next. Any advice is...

My harbor breeze ceiling fan stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

My Harbor breeze ceiling fan stopped working and not sure why. It has both a wall switch and a remote. I have the same ceiling fan in my office, and it is working fine.I have checked our circuit breaker and the reverse switch on the ceiling fan, neither were the problem. Please help. I really...

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote quit working fan on [ 5 Answers ]

How can I get the remote control to start working again on my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan? I turned on the fan on my Harbor Breeze ceiling fan then a few minutes later tried to turn it off and the remote control will no longer operate the fan or light. The battery seems to be good but no response...

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan Stop working [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan that just recently stopped working. It has a remote and pull chains but neither are able to operate the fan. I have read on this site that it may be the transmitter or receiver. Also one response said I could configure the fan for just pull chain operation. ...

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan not working/only one yr. Old [ 1 Answers ]

I turned the fan on high and took a nap, when I woke up the fan was going very slow and making a funny noise, it sounded like it was binding up inside. Now it does't work. We checked the wires and electrical power to the fan and everything looks good. Any suggestions!

View more questions Search