Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lazyweasel Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2005, 02:45 PM
    HELP - Error messages
    I keep getting the following error message:

Runner error
    Could not load target dll ("Invalid BackWeb application id 4448364", error code 126)

I only started getting this after I downloaded Yahoo's antispyware toolbar for my internet explorer. I downloaded spybot search & destroy and scanned my system and removed indicated files. I then downloaded security upgrades from Microsoft and now I have this new permanent message along with the previous one:

ESB
    "*.ini" is not find, Press Enter to Get Default Language!

Pressing enter has no effect and the message will not go away

Please help
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Feb 15, 2005, 04:32 PM
    Uninstall Yahoo's toolbar. If that fixes the problem you can download it again.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2005, 06:28 AM
    Error messages
    Hi,
    Try these:

If you think you already have Spyware/Advertising Ware in your computer, run these as follows:

http://www.security-related.com/download2.htm
    Download: SpyBot Search & Destroy; 1.3

AdAware at:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    Download: AdAware_SE

CWShredder at:
    http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html
    (CWShredder is intended only for removal of CoolWebSearch files; placed as spyware on the harddrive). It is not a "stand alone" scan, but needs to be run. Download the free version by clicking on "Download stand alone version of CW Shredder".

All 3 of the above programs run better and much faster when run in SafeMode.

To get into SafeMode:
    Re-boot the computer, and immediately after starting up, Press and hold down, F8, at top of keypad.
    When the options show on the screen, use the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard to select
    "Safe Mode".
    Press Enter

It's best to run the AdAware scan first; 3 times; then re-boot.
    Then, run the AdAware scan again 3 times; then run the SpyBot. Then, run CWShredder.
    Re- Boot.
    Reason for running so many times:
    Some of these trojans' files can be deleted the first time; leaving some others; but on re-boot, they re-write the files that were deleted.
    Running multiple times deletes most of it the first
    Time.

If you wish to have a great program, after you clean out Spyware/Advertising Ware:
    SpyWare Blaster 3.2
    Great, free, program that STOPS spyware, trojans, home page hijacks, etc, BEFORE they get into your computer. Check it out at CNET at link:

http://www.download.com/SpywareBlast...ml?tag=lst-0-2

Try them in Safe Mode, as suggested.

Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WMIPRVSE Error messages [ 4 Answers ]

Can Anyone help me?? I am getting a contining occurrences of an error message, every few seconds, that requires me to respond about sending an error message. It is driving me crazy! It says " WMI has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Any...

Two annoying error messages-what to do? [ 3 Answers ]

My system:- WinXP SP2. Pentium4 2.8 1gig RAM 1st Error "enable long path name". This occurred when trying to install latest version of Norton Live Update. Symantech support gave the answer to this, but I still cannot install,& get the same error message. 2nd Error "This installation package could...

Burning a CD and error messages [ 19 Answers ]

I have XP home edition... I dowloaded and paid for some music on Yahoo music and now I can't burn it... I keep getting these 2 error messages... "Protected WMA file occured while burning 0x80404127 "Bad Parameter 0x80404104 anybody know what the problem is or how to fix it? THANKS!! :eek:

HELP - Error messages! [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting the following error message: Runner error Could not load target dll ("Invalid BackWeb application id 4448364", error code 126) I only started getting this after I downloaded Yahoo's antispyware toolbar for my internet explorer. I downloaded spybot search & destroy and scanned...

View more questions Search