Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linderfeld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 12:08 PM
    ETS negative and ETG positive may not indicate alcohol consumption
    8/23/13 I tested positive for alcohol. I was given a breathalyzer that at the same time the urine screen was taken and that reading was 0.00. I am wearing a SCRAM Bracelet and it has NOT given any indication of consumption or tampering or even an environmental spike. I am very careful. I am not exposed to anything containing alcohol or the SCRAM would detect it.

My test was sent out for confirmation and this is what came back.

ETG 44000 ng/ml
    ETS negative

ETS negative and ETG positive may not indicate alcohol consumption.

On July 2nd I tested positive for alcohol ETG 22957 ETS 407 and I received a week in jail (I am in a drug court program). I have maintain that I am not consuming and when I got out of jail on the very next day July 26th I tested positive for alcohol again this time ETG 2497 ETS Negative (however my rehab counted it as a positive and I received a punishment of 8 weekends in jail and 90 days wearing the SCRAM).

Due to this most recent test results my rehab did not count this as a positive and my weekends were suspended, but no one can help me find answers as to why this is happening to me. I know something is wrong with my body but I am not even sure where to begin.

I am not testing positive all the time and my SCRAM has never gone off, nor have I ever blown on a breathalyzer.

I am not diabetic; I am diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia. I also had
    Gastric bypass surgery in April of 2007.

For the record my drug of choice was opiates which I have never tested
    Positive for thank god.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Check out some similar questions!

Will consumption of 1/2 can of 12 ounce can of o'douls show up as a failed ETG/ETS [ 0 Answers ]

Dear Dr. Bill, I consumed about 1/2 can of O'douls on Saturday around 8:30 pm and had to provide a sample for an ETG test on Monday around 7:21am. I am just worried that the results will come back as a failed test, If testing for the court is 1000ng/ml and 2000ng/ml ?

Will I test positive after 90 hours on an etg/ets [ 4 Answers ]

DrBill, I am a 5'4 130 lbs female. I had 3 shots and a 16oz beer on a Saturday night at my christmas party starting at 5 and ended at 9 along with a steak dinner( not sure if that matters). I had an etg/ets test through my pretrial supervisor on the following Wednesday at 6pm. Will I fail the...

False positive etg/ets urine test dr bill [ 1 Answers ]

after completing 16 of 17 weeks in a outpatient treatment program and 18 successful urine screens for EtG-MS and EtS-MS, Avee Labs returned the following results. EtG-MS lc/ms/ms positive (Quant Value - 546 ng/mL) (Creatine Normalized Value 250) (Cutoff - 500 ng/ML) EtS-MS lc/ms/ms positive...

Alcohol ets EtG false positive [ 5 Answers ]

Dr. Bill, I tested positive for alcohol but did not consume. The lab report indicates as follows: ETG negative (cutoff 500 ng/ml) ETS positive (cutoff 100 ng/ml) ETS level 120 Creatine 176.1 All else normal

Etg/ets alcohol testing [ 1 Answers ]

Why do some labs that do the etg/ets testing say that this type of test at the 100ng/ml cutoff and 25ng/ml cutoff say that: EtG/EtS can not be masked by illnesses I.e. Urinary tract infections, and false positive results from diabetes are eliminated? Are they saying that this is a 100%...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.