Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karthik666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 09:10 AM
    What is the net costs of this rocket launching scenerio?
    Rockets are launched until the first successful launching has taken place. If this does not occur within 5 attempts, the experiment is halted and the equipment inspected.

Suppose that there is a constant probability of 0.8 of having a successful launching and that successive attempts are independent. Assume that the cost of the first launching is K dollars while subsequent launching cost K/3 dollars. Whenever a successful launching take place, a certain amount of information is obtained which may be expressed as financial gain of, say 'C' dollars. If 'T' is the net cost of this experiment, find the probability distribution of T?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2013, 07:07 PM
    Thank you for using the site, and for looking for help with your school problems. As you should realize from the information you were to read when you signed up, we do not do your home work, or give you answers to home work.

To do so would be a violation of site rules, and a expert doing so, would be incorrect in this.

We can discuss your opinion, so if you wish to tell us what you think, what you find in your study of this, we can discuss it.

Chuck, Moderator

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High side pressure sky rockets what causes this? [ 18 Answers ]

I have a 1994 chevy blazer fullsize v8 , I have replaced condenser, accumulator, compressor, and orfice tube, I pull a vacuum no leaks, I can get one to one and a half cans in and when compressor is on the high side pressure just gets high over 400 psi I just shut it off, I am very frustrated and...

Time 2 rockets collide [ 4 Answers ]

In a test of a heat-seeking rocket, the target rocket is launched at 2000 ft/sec and the heat-seeking rocket is launched along the same flight path 12 seconds later at a speed of 3200 ft/sec. Find the times t1 and t2 of flight of the rockets until the heat-seeking rocket destroys the first rocket.

Delta IV and Atlas V rockets [ 1 Answers ]

Would be curious to know if the Air Force's Delta IV and Atlas V rockets can be used for MANNED spaceflight. (They currently lift satellites) Could these rockets be used, in their present form, to lift astronauts to the International Space Station? Thank You!

Nasa nuclear rockets [ 1 Answers ]

Do nasa nuclear rockets have any effect on the environment? Is so how would our environment look?

Google sky launched today [ 9 Answers ]

Too cool! ... but if you already have something like StarryNight software, you'll probably find Google sky no better. NY Times Story

View more questions Search