Ask
    DXD53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 05:37 AM
    Why albino giraffes do not survive
    Why albino giraffes do not survive in the wild
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 05:44 AM
    Same reason very few albino anything survive in the wild...

They stand out like a sore thumb to preditors (white is a very bad camouflage someplace the never sees snow)... and if they survived the preditors the effects of the sun would take their toll do to lack of pigmentation tp block out the suns harmfull effects.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2013, 06:03 AM
    FACT: White giraffes are extremely rare and are not albininos. In 1938, a giraffe bull was filmed in Kenya that was almost entirely white except for its dark eyes. Since that time, a number of white giraffe bulls have been described (the most recent being spotted by Charles Foley of the Wildlife Conservation Society in 2005). But all of these white giraffes have had some pigmentation, either dark eyes or a faint coat pattern. As a result, no true albino giraffes have ever been discovered.

Facts About Giraffes

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My albino parakeet has pale feet? [ 2 Answers ]

My albino parakeet has pale feet and his cere has white around his "nostril looking" things.. is it just because he is albino or is he sick?

Can I survive this? [ 8 Answers ]

My present husband and I met in 1998, and I fell hopelessly in love with him, He left in 1999 to study, and we got married in 2000. I visited him very often, and also supported him financially while he was away. We had our baby two years later. In 2002, on one of my trips I was told that he was...

Monobenzone (benoquin), Benzylarbutin (BA) makes hair white like albino? [ 1 Answers ]

Don't u think th application of thez 2 toxicants actually kills not only melanin bt its seed : melonocytes? Now melanin and melonocytes is also responsibble 4 our hair colour and nails and lips, nipples colours and those 2 toxicants actually kills th melanocytes only, Don't u think it will destroy...

BUDGIES... Albino or Lutino... [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hello I breed budgies. And last year my budgies had an albino chick. But then I was doing some research because even though the baby was albino with RED EYES. It has yellow feathers... So then I was told that this was a lutino budgies. So my question is is my budgie an albino or lutino.....

View more questions Search