Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tgator Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2013, 04:43 AM
    Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote
    I have Harbor Breeze ceiling fans with remotes. My tenant can't get them to switch back to "summer mode"? Is there a "trick" to this? I am a long distance landlord and hate to pay a contractor to go out to service if there is something that has to be done with the remote talking to the fan or is it the normal "switch" on the fan itself?
    Thank you!
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 15, 2013, 07:57 AM
    Summer mode?

Are you saying the remote is having a problem communicating with the fan?

Are you talking about dip switches?

Try this remote troubleshooting guide to see where the problem is.
    Tgator Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2013, 04:47 AM
    The fans are in winter mode meaning the way the blade is moving and pushing air up instead of down. The tenant said he adjusted the slide switch on the fan to change the motion of the blades but it did not work. My question is if the remotes have anything to do with the direction of the blades? Or could the remote signals affect the fan "slide switch" from working? Should I have the remotes & fans reset with the codes to see if that works?
    AnswerMan5000 Posts: 186, Reputation: 3

Sep 17, 2013, 12:09 PM
    Please read the troubleshooting guide. Go through the steps and then let us know if anything worked or not. There are no codes on these only dip switches

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote [ 12 Answers ]

I was messing with my remote and now everything is not working, no light , no fan. Is there a way to reset the remote. I must have thrown out the manual.

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan remote [ 0 Answers ]

I recently purchased a display Harbor Breeze ceiling fan. I noticed it has built in receivers on the light and the fan. I did not get a remote and am considering purchasing one. The fan works on one speed and the light not at all. I believe this is because of the remote functionality built into the...

Help harbor breeze ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

How many ceiling fans, no lights, can one remote control operate?

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan wall remote and LCD remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've just installed 2 harbor breeze fans that came with LCD remote. Everything works as they suppose to. 2 remotes controlling each fan with dip SW set up. Then, I thought it would be nice if I purchase the wall remote unit so that I do not have to search for remote all the time....

Harbor breeze ceiling fan remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, ny neighbor and I have the same ceiling fans with the same remote code.I found the code switch in the remote but where is the receiver? My neighbor and I are constantly turning eachothers fan/light on and off.

View more questions Search