Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pearly merin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2013, 10:45 PM
    Ugliness
    I am a normal teenage girl and I think life is unfair because some people are just so beautiful and others like me are ugly... I am 140 pounds and everyone seems to make fun of me... I don't have any friends and I don't find the meaning of inner beauty I want to suicide but even death seems to be shying away from me my classmates are cruel... to me boys are an alien species sometimes I wonder why was I created like this...
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 10:54 PM
    Stuff happens... you just move on and keep going. Things aren't always bad. As you get older, things will come around for you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 8, 2013, 11:43 PM
    Everyone is different, and everyone hates something about themselves, or wants to look like someone else.

You are who you are. You are unique. Once you stop focusing on the exterior, and start focusing on the interior, your life will be better.

Sadly, today's youth is bombarded with magazines full of skinny perfect women. A little tip, they don't look like that at all. Hours of airbrushing, and tweaking, goes into making them that gorgeous. It's amazing what you can do with the right app. Anyone can look like a supermodel, once their picture is touched up.

You have to love yourself for who you are. Until you can accept yourself, don't expect anyone else to.

This will pass, it really will. Being a teen is not easy. You can get through it, but you do have to put in the effort.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 9, 2013, 06:28 AM
    Yes you are normal teen, most girls all think they are ugly. High school ( or Jr high) is not real life, look at the real world, the fattest person, may often have the best looking partner. And so on. Looks mean a lot less when adults.

After that, what do you do with hair style, with clothes, do you work to improve your looks /
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Sep 9, 2013, 07:03 AM
    As someone who still suffers from this I feel I understand where you are coming from. Yes it hurts when you are bullied and yes it hurts when you are ugly. I do get that. I have also been suicidal numerous times. People can be so cruel.
    Couple of things I have realized. Outside appearances mean sh*t. It is who you are on the inside your character, kindness etc. You are just at an age that your peers don't get it.
    You don't need to improve your looks UNLESS you want to. Be the person you want to be. Please please don't change for others but yourself.
    Now what to do to make it through high school?
    1. Do you have interests? Join clubs and make friends with people with similar interests
    2. Have you considered therapy. I will say that helped me understand how to deal with bullies and the world wanting me to change myself to be what they consider beautiful
    3. If things get too tough there is Kids Help Phone as well as Samaritans. They both help people with depression,suicidal thoughts
    4. Start working toward your goals for your adult life. It does get better as an adult please believe me.
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

Sep 9, 2014, 06:55 PM
    140 pounds is not fat first of all!

I used to think I was ugly but it changed when I started college, I guess I became more mature by that age.

Being nice to people is very important, being likable is more important than being beautiful. I will not lie, being nice looking helps to some extent... but also can ruin you, people might be jealous of your look etc.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2014, 07:19 PM
    Please pay attention to post dates in threads... this OP hasn't been back since she asked this and one other question a year ago.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Goodlooking popular guy who is mean all this ugliness changes how he looks on the out [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie about a goodlooking mean kid whose outside appearance starts To change to show all the ugliness that's been inside of him. His outward appearance becomes ugly. This happens I believe to teach him about kindness etc.

View more questions Search